Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with routines for begginer

endpoint

How you all doin'?
The last couple of days i have been thinking about my training......where i want it to take me and how i want to progress.
There was mention on this board about powerlifting.
i have never really thought about that before.......(well i did but it wasnt positve, 40 year old men shaven heads, handle bar moustaches and beer bellys).
but i decided to do a search........and was dumbfounded when i reached deepsquatter.com.
i think i watched every single video 2 times in amazement.

last 6 months I have included 2 out of the three lifts in my regular routine.....then throwing in deadlifts every now and then. so the movements are familiar.

but i dont have a program to work off.

I have seen two types. both have the 3 lifts but one has assistance work and the other doesnt.

the first runs 3 times a week with each training session containing the 3 lifts.
the second works 3 days......each day if specific to each lift.....and then includes assistance for the lift.

To me the first one worrys my due to knee disslocations i have had in the past (way before i started lifing weights.......but still it worrys me by overworking it)

Is there a risk of overtraining in general?

If people could give me a few pros or cons.......or maybe the programs they used when they first started out. (or even ideas about rep ranges and sets etc)

A few things about my self that will affect the program:

I have a gym + people to spot at home. a gym across the road from school, a gym in the same complex as my work (nothing to do with my work......but its close!)
2 gyms on the way home from both (some gyms are chrome (fitness centres) some the total opposite).

I can train every single day. i dont have a girlfriend to bug me :( (good so i can get down to buisness......but being lonely sux)

My goals are to be as strong as possible.......with gains in mass (if any) a bonus to being strong

thanx in advance

Well i am not sure what it si your looking for. Cause no matter what you do you will have to train hard and do th ebig three. With that said i will just give you my weekly routine.

Mon- Flat bench, Jm presses, over head extensions. Raises all directions.

Tues-Deadlift, pulldowns, rows, curls

Wed off

Thurs- Board presses, or floor presses, some kind of extension, pushdowns. 4 sets of light 6 to 10 pulldowns

Fri- squat, hams

Now i don tknow if you were looking for an exact routine but that is what i do i switch alot of things here and there but that is the core. The only thing i cant describe is the intensity we put into this workout. We all have good lifts at my gym with this routine. So it is tested and it works and every one seems to have enough rest. Any questions just ask. I dont post every day but i will get it. Good luck.

I always do deadlift with leg extensions because dealfits are more quads then hams. I work my hams when I do squats. If you're worried about dislocating again try to get some knee raps and keep them really tight...that should do the trick, also don't max out to much, that would only hurt it. here's my rountine

Day 1: shoulders, tri's, calves

Day 2: back, bi's

Day 3: chest, tri's dealift, quads

Day 4: bi's

Day 5: tri's, squats, hams

I know I work my arms alot on this routine, but I'm trying to prioritize them to get them bigger, so you don't have to do that part.....this is mainly to let you know my leg routine. Good Luck!!!

Top Bottom