Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help to sort out your diet

Thanks lads,

It is a sticky in the women's forum.

There is a whole sticky with stickies of all the best threads for diet and training.

Check it out sometime, it is awesome, and as the women who have contributed to the thread know that a woman can train and diet exactly as a man can, a lot would still apply to you lads.

:)

good post. here's another excellent, but simple calculation for estimating daily caloric intake.

Male
Activity Level - kcal/lb - kcal/kg
Light ------------- 17 ------ 38
Moderate -------- 19 ------ 41
Heavy ----------- 23 ------ 50

Female
Activity Level - kcal/lb - kcal/kg
Light ------------ 16 ------- 35
Moderate ------- 17 ------- 37
Heavy ----------- 20 ------- 44

you just take the numbers from above from the category that best describes your workout intensity, then take the number from the column and multiply it times the weight you want to be. it'll give you your estimated dailies.

remember, for weight loss, ie- you're currently 240 and want to get to 220, remember, minor changes in a diet plan, ie, smaller adjustments at a time, make for a more permanent change than a drastic one. so, if i need to lose 20 pounds, my target is going to be no more than 8 lbs a month, for healthy weight loss that'll stay off, of course this rule doesn't apply to people with class 1 obesity(BMI >30, and high BF%) or higher. minor reductions in caloric intake allow time for the body to adjust, and also make the diet/lifestyle change more gradual/tolerable/easier for the individual to stick to it.

for weight gain, that's easy, just eat good food and supplement properly.

also, check the back of the box or label for nutrition info and if you need it for specific items, like and egg, or slice of bread go here:

http://www.nutritiondata.com

this site is pretty handy for calculating nutrition needs. i used this site to check my diet, and of course, i was running low on the calorie intake, i adjusted, still was running low, hit up my good friends nelson and needto, and bam, about a month later, I've put on about 8 - 10 lbs of good quality muscle(i'm currently off BTW).

i hate to sound like a broken record guys, but diet is everything when it comes to fitness. also, thanks to nelson and needto for the help, guys i think i speak for everyone on here when i say you guys are a valuable asset to ef and we appreciate everything you guys do(and they do it for free too), well, except for nelson's book, which is on my list of future purchases :D and tat, great post, and thanks for the advise you've given, good solid advice right here guys, and she's a natty- looks great, and is extremely friendly, if i weren't married.....LOL anyway...i'm starting to ramble.

PS - the above calculations are from my personal trainers reference book- NSCA Essentials of Personal Training - Table 7.2.

tried to put tables in the above, didn't look at it after i posted, it scrambled it up. anyway, hope that table looks better now, can you post html embedding if you're a non-plat??

wow great thread tatyana .. just actually noticed it today lol

Re: Shopping List for Newbies

Good post.

Tatyana said:
Shopping List for Newbies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Healthy Grocery List Fresh Vegetables
Lettuce Other Greens Cucumbers Carrots
Asparagus Zucchini Radishes Tomatoes
Green Beans Onions Green Onions Peppers
Cauliflower Broccoli Peas Celery
Potatoes Corn Sweet Potatoes Squash
Other Vegetables:
____________ ____________ ____________

Fresh Fruits
Bananas Apples Oranges Pears
Peaches Nectarines Grapefruit Berries
Other Fruits: