Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Helios and marathon

lorilee

I finally figured it out, I am going to do my helios cycle and I want to do a marathon. Does anyone know the best way to train for one? Is the treadmill better or actually being outside and training? What would anyone recommend on how to train for it, how many miles a day walking then partial jogging?

I have run half marathons.. never a marathon but I felt like I could of kept going when i did my half.

the way you train for a marathon is running half marathons. learning how to pace, learning what to eat and drink before and during. getting your endurance up.

yes training outside is better then a treadmill, i have no doubt it is.

you don't need to run a helios cycle or any cycle. you need to just train for it.

Look online for marathon training schedules. There are tons out there for everything from beginner to competitive.

When you train you can run for time or mileage. If you don not have a good reference for what your average minute/mile is, I would recommend going with straight distance.

I just realized you said you will be walking/partial jogging. PM me and I can help you with a training schedule if you cannot find one online. I do a lot of distance/endurance training.

Oh yeah, if you are walking I am guessing this is your first marathon?

Wow!!!:) Thats pretty ambitious chika:chomp:! Best of luck to you and it would be kinda cool if you kept a log on here about your training.

using helios and doing endruance activities would be a fast track to CNS and possible heart issues

well troo:)

but really it would be a recipe for some serious issues, or at least being opening the door for so.

I was doing the Helios just for my trouble areas, you know that pesky bit of stuff on your hips and stomach... LOL
Yeah this will be my first marathon, I found some stuff online but and not positive what my best route would be...
Thanks for the info!

lorilee

seeing your question on "is it better to train on a treadmill or outside for a 26.2 mile race", tells me right there you are 100% new to running.
my advice to you is train the proper way for a 5k race, and then try and improve your 5k times over the next few years..
leave the marathon to actual runners. most non runners, pick the longest race to enter, and get hurt training the improper way for it. seek out runners, get their advice and stick to a 5k. if you look at most marathons, in most cities, there are 20 guys out of the 5000 entrants that actually have a shot at winning the race. the others are just in the way..
good luck in your 5k training

lorilee

seeing your question on "is it better to train on a treadmill or outside for a 26.2 mile race", tells me right there you are 100% new to running.
my advice to you is train the proper way for a 5k race, and then try and improve your 5k times over the next few years..
leave the marathon to actual runners. most non runners, pick the longest race to enter, and get hurt training the improper way for it. seek out runners, get their advice and stick to a 5k. if you look at most marathons, in most cities, there are 20 guys out of the 5000 entrants that actually have a shot at winning the race. the others are just in the way..
good luck in your 5k training

I think she is looking at walking the marathon. If she is out of shape, training (walking) for a marathon is a great way to get in shape. It will take a long time to finish, but she will finish. She will still be sore, but I do not think she will be injured.

Also, I think saying everyone except the people with a chance to win are in the way is rather discouraging. Generally, the competitors have qualified and are given the front spot/wave. I run marathons with no chance of finishing in 2 to 2:30 hours, but I can qualify for Boston and I have a ton of fun.

At the very least she could bang out a half if she is only walking, IMHO. Don't get discouraged Lori, but get after it. Just my .02

Top Bottom