Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavy Tricep Work

i know what you mean, bicep tendinitis is a bitch. i have problems in most of my joints thanks to high school football, and stupid ingorant 95% everyworkout training administered by coaches who know nothing about strength. ive never used capsacin but i am using horse liniment made by absorbine, i think it works really well, i think it actually helps my joints warmup and its not just a masking agent or whatever, without it i dont think i could get under the squat bar or get thriugh some bench stuff. i get it for like 8.50 at TSC for 16 ounces, i just bought one a couple weeks ago, but its almost gone becuase on bench days i forget to hide it after i put it on and it gets passed around like that mystersiously popular girl at school. oh well. it doenst burn as much as it used to when i started using it but i think it really gets in there and warms it up reall good.

INteresting, maybe I should trade my capsicum in for that mysteriously popular high school girl...uh...I mean the absorbine.

Ahhh who cares...either one is sure to get you nice and warm.

Thanks for the info.

Peace,
Natty Mike

im going to go out on a limb here

i used to do a lot of tricep accessory movements...

skullcrushers, heavy cheating pressdowns, heavy dumbell extensions, other misc. shit

you know what: my last training cycle, i cut out all barbell tricep work, went with primarily pressing movement (partial, full, band, board, etc) and kept the accessory work to a minimum.

i rarely went heavy on these accessories (kept reps from 10 - 15) and did it on an off-heavy day.

my 606 bench was the best it's ever been at my last meet.

my conclusions: dont waste a whole lot of time on movements which dont simulate the bench press except as flushing exercises.

just my 0.02

/irish
www.growordie.com

Irish-

This is kinda what Halbert does too, isnt it? I know BenchMonster doesnt really advocate extensions that much, but relies on heavy tricep press variations.

==One somewhat related question-->Louie always says in articles and videos that increasing the girth of your tris though extensions of various angles and 8-12 reps will increase you tri strength. To me this always sounded like somewhat of a contradiction, almost a bodybuilding mentality. Whats your take on this?

Later..

i dont know dude...

bigger triceps = tighter shirt = more compression/rebound i guess

however, i see more growth in my triceps recently from doing the low rep heavy press work with shirt.

not sure what to tell you.... experiment i guess.

Irish,

Don't get me wrong my bread and butter movement has always been close grip board press with various boards . I know I had been preaching weighted dips but the weights got too big and the shoulder strain started so I had to turn my back on the movement. Where I may be going wrong is I'm also doing HEAVY accessory work like heavy skulls.

The reason why I am doing heavy assistance work is I am unable to go all out on my close grip board presses, I have no spotters and no power rack to set pins, if I go to failure its over for me. Dont get me wrong I try to use wieghts that most certainly will get me into trouble, but in essence I am cheating myself out of true PR's because I'm for self. I know its a big bullshit sob story.

So I need to adopt another strength movement that I can go all out yet stay alive, with heavy Dumbbell skulls I can ditch the weight when I fail.

Any comments on this (aside from flying down to your gym and training with you????)

Peace,
Mike

thanks for the info and boost Natural Mike. I ordered a video from titan yesterdaY ON BENCH PRESSING. I BELIEVE IT WAS the halbert video. Anyway, I am still looking into a shirt. How is the "fury", or would you recoemmend a different one. i am interested in the double denim. I look forward to competing one day in the USPAL. Also, i have a powerlifting belt now, but it is a no name belt. Do I need a certain belt for competing, ie: Inzer or something. thanx.

Rotty,

2 things, #1 depending on the federation you plan to lift in will help you narrow down which shirt you can use, each shirt has its nuances, do a search on "Bench Shirts" those posts have been done to death, you can basically find out everything you need.
#2 Get yourself a good thick name brand belt, spend the cash, you'll need a good belt.

Also I sent you a PM check it and get back to me.

Peace,
Mike

Natural Mike. I sent yoy back a PM response. Hey, Should I get a 10 or 13 Thick iNzer belt. Also, Should I get the lever or buckle. Thanx. I want to compete in the USPAl, but I cant get their rulebook on line for some reason. I dont know what shirts you can use.

13mm belt all the way around no tapered bullshit.

I like my double buckle, some say single buckle is easier to get on. I'm not a big fan of lever belts. My double buckle is a bitch to get on....so think about it

Inzer belt is arounf 80 bucks with lifetime guarantee I have one and it feels like its bullet proof. I'm sure there are equal or greater belts out there. Cardillo, RDC, Bob's Belts etc...

Top Bottom