Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Having a hard time eating carbs...

Hey Tami, how long after eating do you have to wait for it to be considered fasted cardio? I think I'd heard three hours, but I am not totally sure.

Also, for HIT cardio--I usually do cycles of running on the treadmill working up to high speed. Is that ok?

Hey Tami, how long after eating do you have to wait for it to be considered fasted cardio? I think I'd heard three hours, but I am not totally sure.

Ideally it's done first thing after rising so it's been 8+ hours since your last meal. That would be a truly fasting state. Three hours wouldn't be enough, but like I mentioned you wouldn't have to go much longer if you weren't fasting.

Also, for HIT cardio--I usually do cycles of running on the treadmill working up to high speed. Is that ok?

I'm not Tami, but I typically do my HIIT cardio after weights and then consume my next meal immediately when I am done with that.

It might be easier to do your intervals on an elliptical or arc trainer as its a little easier to change speeds (from ALL out to low intensity) faster, then it is on a treadmill where it takes a while to pick the pace up/down.

Thanks for all the advice... The thing is, I really love running. It's my *thing*. So I'd like to keep doing it, since I really don't feel the same on the elliptical. Although I do it sometimes...

And so fasted cardio only counts if it's first thing in the morning?

And willow, I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly. You're saying fasted cardio doesn't matter as much, and I should focus on building muscle instead, right? So in your opinion I could eat before working out (cardio) and just think more about lifting... Also, you're saying I should add beef. Like what type? How much and when?

So many questions! ha ha. Ignore if this is annoying. ;)

So I have been sticking to around 1,500 cals a day with 37% fat, 45% protein and 18%. I've been working out about 6 days a week--running and doing weights... And while I do feel like I am getting more toned, I am not losing any weight. I can't help but be discouraged by this even though I know everyone says not to go by the scale as much... I still would like to drop a little more fat overall. Will this just take time? Or does anything stand out that I should tweak to become more lean? I try to drink green tea a couple times a day. I do not, however, take any supplements or anything. TIA.

So I have been sticking to around 1,500 cals a day with 37% fat, 45% protein and 18%. I've been working out about 6 days a week--running and doing weights... And while I do feel like I am getting more toned, I am not losing any weight. I can't help but be discouraged by this even though I know everyone says not to go by the scale as much... I still would like to drop a little more fat overall. Will this just take time? Or does anything stand out that I should tweak to become more lean? I try to drink green tea a couple times a day. I do not, however, take any supplements or anything. TIA.

Despite being in very common use, the word "toned" doesn't really don't mean anything physiologically apart from muscle remaining in a slightly contracted state due to frequent vigorous exercise.If someone has been totally sedentary, their relatively slack muscles will "tone up" after just a few weightlifting workouts.

Now what I think you may be seeing when you say you believe you're getting more toned is your body is looking progressively harder. Is that correct? If that's the case, without seeing any pics, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet your body composition is changing. Your lean body mass is increasing a bit, while your subcutaneous bodyfat level is decreasing.

The scale isn't changing, but you are.

If you cannot go first thing when you wake up, 2 hours after eating is fine. I prefer do do mine after training - similar to what SBT stated.

Thanks for the replies.

You're right RWillow. My body is changing--it is getting progressively harder, as you said. And that is progress. I'm just so use to focusing on the number on the scale and that's hard to get over.

And Tami, thanks for the advice about fasted cardio. I've actually been trying to go in the morning more often to do it in a truly fasted state. Thx.

Would it help to take a fat burner, you think?

Top Bottom