Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Have you ever dropped a relationship

Frisky

~QUEEN BITCH~
Platinum
for no apparent reason at all?

I've been told time and time again :rolleyes: that the closer I get to liking someone, liking to spend time with them, the further I pull away. Mostly its because i begin to get a bad feeling about pursuing it. Sometimes its just because... I have no reason at all. I've had less than a handful (2) of relationships that have penetrated my outer core and I actually gave a shit about when it ended.

I'm sure some will say, I'll end up dying a loney ol hag.. but in a way, thats a OK, with me because I have to truely believe in someone to let them fully into my life. If there is one spark of hesitation along the ride than I'm usually out of there quick.
 
Yes. I think sometimes people just need to be on their own and don't realize it until they get involved with someone. There's nothing wrong with wanting time to yourself. :)
 
Raina said:
Yes. I think sometimes people just need to be on their own and don't realize it until they get involved with someone. There's nothing wrong with wanting time to yourself. :)


I've been doing this for as long as I've been dating. For the most part growing up I just avoided dating because I predicted how it would end, so why even bother.
 
I can loan you my expiration stamp - it's quite nice, with indigo colored ink the dates are a bitch to change, especially with a new manicure but it's fairly easy to read.
 
velvett said:
I can loan you my expiration stamp - it's quite nice, with indigo colored ink the dates are a bitch to change, especially with a new manicure but it's fairly easy to read.


LOL

and where or where do I place the stamp :evil:
 
well once you have been burned you dont want to touch the fire again. its completely understandible. i dont think its a matter of wanting to be alone, its the hidden fear of getting burned again. i agree you will have to completely and truely trust the person to let them in. were not young anymore and foolish to jump into any relationship that comes along. with time comes experience. sometimes we get to clouded by the fact that their may never be a perfect someone out there. the trick is finding that perfect someone that is perfect to you.
 
bigmann245 said:
well once you have been burned you dont want to touch the fire again. its completely understandible. i dont think its a matter of wanting to be alone, its the hidden fear of getting burned again. i agree you will have to completely and truely trust the person to let them in. were not young anymore and foolish to jump into any relationship that comes along. with time comes experience.

While that is true.

Sometimes you just get over that and you really do prefer the freedom of not being attached.

bigmann245 said:
sometimes we get to clouded by the fact that their may never be a perfect someone out there. the trick is finding that perfect someone that is perfect to you.

You contradicted yourself there - but I don't think you meant to.
 
bigmann245 said:
well once you have been burned you dont want to touch the fire again. its completely understandible. i dont think its a matter of wanting to be alone, its the hidden fear of getting burned again. i agree you will have to completely and truely trust the person to let them in. were not young anymore and foolish to jump into any relationship that comes along. with time comes experience. sometimes we get to clouded by the fact that their may never be a perfect someone out there. the trick is finding that perfect someone that is perfect to you.



I've NEVER been burned in a relationship. I can honestly say the of the two that meant anything, I ended one and the other ended mutally. Sure it was hard but 'burned' I don't consider that burned.

I was never that high school chick that cried all day cause her and her boyfriend broke up... I was more of the one that was out that weekend hanging out with him and his new girlfriend. Never bothered me one bit.

Most of my relationships ended with me telling them goodbye or with us slowly and eventually not seeing each other (mostly with the ones i'd only had a few dates with)

Thats why I don't really understand my run reason when 'maybe' he's a good guy.
 
It's called being self destructive. There isn't a single person out there that can say that they have never hesitated, had second thoughts, got cold feet, questioned their motive, wondered if they made the right choice, or whatever. It's human. But you have to be willing to move forward, move past those thoughts and even take a chance, be willing to risk a little. If your not willing to do that, you choose to shut people out of your life and yes, you will end up old and alone.
 
StickFigure said:
It's called being self destructive. There isn't a single person out there that can say that they have never hesitated, had second thoughts, got cold feet, questioned their motive, wondered if they made the right choice, or whatever. It's human. But you have to be willing to move forward, move past those thoughts and even take a chance, be willing to risk a little. If your not willing to do that, you choose to shut people out of your life and yes, you will end up old and alone.


I have my dog, and she loves me unconditionally. She even gets all excited when I get home everyday even though I don't have supper cooked ;)
 
StickFigure said:
It's called being self destructive. There isn't a single person out there that can say that they have never hesitated, had second thoughts, got cold feet, questioned their motive, wondered if they made the right choice, or whatever. It's human. But you have to be willing to move forward, move past those thoughts and even take a chance, be willing to risk a little. If your not willing to do that, you choose to shut people out of your life and yes, you will end up old and alone.

Well Said.

Relationships are not meant to last. Some end in 3 days, some end in 3 weeks, others end at death. A real connection can happen with someone you only know for a brief amount of time. That said, sometimes people are not meant to be with each other. Shit happens.

There's a difference between an instinct (i.e., you feel that person is lying, or something isn't right) and being afraid to be with someone out of fear of getting hurt or not being able to give yourself to that person. If the reason why someone is dropping a relationship is because they are not comfortable (with him/herself or people, in general) or its because they are afraid, then its time to be alone for awhile.
 
Erzulie said:
I have my dog, and she loves me unconditionally. She even gets all excited when I get home everyday even though I don't have supper cooked ;)


i never made my wife cook..... ever.... and i got excited when she came home also. believe me, we are out there, just keep looking and not pushing away.
 
Yep. Been there. Did that. Except we didn't break up "officially". I just stopped seeing her.

Then after I'm married with kids, I run into that psycho again and realize that she assumed that we were still dating. Hello? It's been more then five years!
 
nycgirl said:
Well Said.

Relationships are not meant to last. Some end in 3 days, some end in 3 weeks, others end at death. A real connection can happen with someone you only know for a brief amount of time. That said, sometimes people are not meant to be with each other. Shit happens.

There's a difference between an instinct (i.e., you feel that person is lying, or something isn't right) and being afraid to be with someone out of fear of getting hurt or not being able to give yourself to that person. If the reason why someone is dropping a relationship is because they are not comfortable (with him/herself or people, in general) or its because they are afraid, then its time to be alone for awhile.


But is it right to base a break up on instincts? If its just a feeling that you have, is it ok to confront him/her with it? I myself hated when my X would concoct something in his mind and come to me with it.

Not saying that the other reason is good either, cause either way.. the way I view relationships is fucked up.
 
Erzulie said:
I have my dog, and she loves me unconditionally. She even gets all excited when I get home everyday even though I don't have supper cooked ;)

I think you'll find the relationship a bit shallow. Plus, you'll go through about 4 of those relationships before you die.
 
nycgirl said:
Well Said.

Relationships are not meant to last. Some end in 3 days, some end in 3 weeks, others end at death. A real connection can happen with someone you only know for a brief amount of time. That said, sometimes people are not meant to be with each other. Shit happens.

There's a difference between an instinct (i.e., you feel that person is lying, or something isn't right) and being afraid to be with someone out of fear of getting hurt or not being able to give yourself to that person. If the reason why someone is dropping a relationship is because they are not comfortable (with him/herself or people, in general) or its because they are afraid, then its time to be alone for awhile.
You and Stick should get together.
 
StickFigure said:
I think you'll find the relationship a bit shallow. Plus, you'll go through about 4 of those relationships before you die.


lol

I agree, I was just bullshitting silly.

I sure don't want a man at my ever beckon'call. My gosh that would be so irritating. Nor do I want a man that will just let me walk all over him.. Gets old QUICK (had one of those)
 
humantarget said:
no, i mean that triple wide foot ain't fittin' in that slipper.........


lol

do these jeans make my ass look fat? :qt:
 
Erzulie said:
But is it right to base a break up on instincts? If its just a feeling that you have, is it ok to confront him/her with it? I myself hated when my X would concoct something in his mind and come to me with it.

Not saying that the other reason is good either, cause either way.. the way I view relationships is fucked up.

With regard to your first paragraph, depends on how much is invested. If I had a thought about something, I would discuss with the person.

I think you need a break. Hangout with your girlfriends. Take your babies on some trips. Travel. Go to your favorite restaurant alone and ask for the table in the midddle of the place.

Enjoy the Spring and Summer completely single. I've done it. Its wonderful.
 
Erzulie said:
lol

I agree, I was just bullshitting silly.

I sure don't want a man at my ever beckon'call. My gosh that would be so irritating. Nor do I want a man that will just let me walk all over him.. Gets old QUICK (had one of those)

Just don't give up so easy. For someone with as much inner strength as you have, it really surprises me that this is an issue for you. Just hang in there doll.
 
nycgirl said:
With regard to your first paragraph, depends on how much is invested. If I had a thought about something, I would discuss ith with the person.

I think you need a break. Hangout with your girlfriends. Take your babies on some trips. Travel. Go to your favorite restaurant alone and ask for the table in the midddle of the place.

Enjoy the Spring and Summer completely single. I've done it. Its wonderful.


I'll shoot you a msn tonight sugar :rose:

Yes I agree, a long long break. LOL.
 
Erzulie said:
for no apparent reason at all?

I've been told time and time again :rolleyes: that the closer I get to liking someone, liking to spend time with them, the further I pull away. Mostly its because i begin to get a bad feeling about pursuing it. Sometimes its just because... I have no reason at all. I've had less than a handful (2) of relationships that have penetrated my outer core and I actually gave a shit about when it ended.

I'm sure some will say, I'll end up dying a loney ol hag.. but in a way, thats a OK, with me because I have to truely believe in someone to let them fully into my life. If there is one spark of hesitation along the ride than I'm usually out of there quick.

You're alot like my ex-wife Frisk, in that she was the kind of person who brings up the walls as she gets closer to someone. Our marriage was the longest relationship she had ever had, she has always had problems with distancing herself as her feelings for someone became stronger, and she did it for one reason and one reason alone: fear. Fear of risking herself, fear of letting someone really get to know her, fear of losing control.

You see, relationships (and marriage) are alot like a fire: it burns brightest at the start, but unless you keep feeding it the fire will eventually die out. Problem is many people nowadays are afraid to feed the fire for risk of getting burned. Unless you take that risk, and make the effort, you will never keep the fire burning. Sometimes its not easy, sometimes its work, and it always takes effort, but if the fire is that important to you then you have to risk burning your hand now and then.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: do you care about the fire at all, or is it just unimportant to you?
 
Forge said:
You're alot like my ex-wife Frisk, in that she was the kind of person who brings up the walls as she gets closer to someone. Our marriage was the longest relationship she had ever had, she has always had problems with distancing herself as her feelings for someone became stronger, and she did it for one reason and one reason alone: fear. Fear of risking herself, fear of letting someone really get to know her, fear of losing control.

You see, relationships (and marriage) are alot like a fire: it burns brightest at the start, but unless you keep feeding it the fire will eventually die out. Problem is many people nowadays are afraid to feed the fire for risk of getting burned. Unless you take that risk, and make the effort, you will never keep the fire burning. Sometimes its not easy, sometimes its work, and it always takes effort, but if the fire is that important to you then you have to risk burning your hand now and then.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: do you care about the fire at all, or is it just unimportant to you?

Thank you sugar, very good post.
 
Forge said:
You're alot like my ex-wife Frisk, in that she was the kind of person who brings up the walls as she gets closer to someone. Our marriage was the longest relationship she had ever had, she has always had problems with distancing herself as her feelings for someone became stronger, and she did it for one reason and one reason alone: fear. Fear of risking herself, fear of letting someone really get to know her, fear of losing control.

You see, relationships (and marriage) are alot like a fire: it burns brightest at the start, but unless you keep feeding it the fire will eventually die out. Problem is many people nowadays are afraid to feed the fire for risk of getting burned. Unless you take that risk, and make the effort, you will never keep the fire burning. Sometimes its not easy, sometimes its work, and it always takes effort, but if the fire is that important to you then you have to risk burning your hand now and then.

The question you have to ask yourself is this: do you care about the fire at all, or is it just unimportant to you?

"But something that burns twice as brightly, can only burn for half as long..."
 
mightymouse69 said:
Enjoy the passion while it is still there, for some that is a day - while for others it is a lifetime...

;)
 
EnderJE said:
"But something that burns twice as brightly, can only burn for half as long..."


LOL, yeah that pretty much explains my marriage and subsequent divorce I guess. 7 years of fantastic wonderful bliss followed by a month of emotional breakup hell, followed by a year of my self-pity party wondering what I did wrong. At least now I realize it was never me at all.

Lesson learned, wisdom gained, learned to live and love again and moved on.

But NOTHING beats a hot roaring fire. :evil:
 
Erzulie said:
I have my dog, and she loves me unconditionally. She even gets all excited when I get home everyday even though I don't have supper cooked ;)
the thing about dogs is this: they are not coherent to place and time. case in point: if your dog is in the front yard on a leash tied to a tree and you get into your car and leave- drive around the block- and are back in 60 seconds, he or she will be just as excited to see you as if you had been gone a week...so your dog is not a REAL good comparison. but i like dogs.
 
I usually drop them after I've boned them 10 or so times. After that point, it either starts to get serious or you better run. Time to find fresh meat.
 
Does this mean you're breaking up with me!?! After all these years!?! YOu was just using me for sex wasn't you!! ............ I was used,.......... I WAS USED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskey
 
Whiskey said:
Does this mean you're breaking up with me!?! After all these years!?! YOu was just using me for sex wasn't you!! ............ I was used,.......... I WAS USED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskey

I thought you'd never read this thread! It was just the sex, I'm sorry... now that i've identified my problem, i'm taking my first step to treatment.

:verygood:
 
Erzulie said:
for no apparent reason at all?

I've been told time and time again :rolleyes: that the closer I get to liking someone, liking to spend time with them, the further I pull away. Mostly its because i begin to get a bad feeling about pursuing it. Sometimes its just because... I have no reason at all. I've had less than a handful (2) of relationships that have penetrated my outer core and I actually gave a shit about when it ended.

I'm sure some will say, I'll end up dying a loney ol hag.. but in a way, thats a OK, with me because I have to truely believe in someone to let them fully into my life. If there is one spark of hesitation along the ride than I'm usually out of there quick.

Never!

I keep at least contact unless there is a death.

Life is a circle, and that person just might come back through again
with you seeing things a lot differently.
 
Erzulie said:
I thought you'd never read this thread! It was just the sex, I'm sorry... now that i've identified my problem, i'm taking my first step to treatment.

:verygood:


That's just not right. I feel like a cheap piece of meat now.... at least I was paid upfront ;-)

Whiskey
 
erzulie, you remind me a lot of my ex. she had the same fears as you and the same cynism about relationships. There are decent men out there who are worth taking that chance on. She was too scared to take a chance on being happy so she let a good man (me) go. when a woman tells you that you are the only man she could say was a positive influence on her life and then she walks away you are left thinking wtf?

As i said to her, run away from the things that are bad for you, not the things that are good for you
 
vinylgroover said:
erzulie, you remind me a lot of my ex. she had the same fears as you and the same cynism about relationships. There are decent men out there who are worth taking that chance on. She was too scared to take a chance on being happy so she let a good man (me) go. when a woman tells you that you are the only man she could say was a positive influence on her life and then she walks away you are left thinking wtf?

As i said to her, run away from the things that are bad for you, not the things that are good for you
I agree. This same thing happened to me a couple days ago with my (now ex-)girlfriend of 3 years... It sucks. Hard.

Happy Fucking Valentine's Day.... :worried:
 
vinylgroover said:
erzulie, you remind me a lot of my ex. she had the same fears as you and the same cynism about relationships. There are decent men out there who are worth taking that chance on. She was too scared to take a chance on being happy so she let a good man (me) go. when a woman tells you that you are the only man she could say was a positive influence on her life and then she walks away you are left thinking wtf?

As i said to her, run away from the things that are bad for you, not the things that are good for you


I've been in 4, what i'd consider LT relationships my entire life, two don't count because they were high school sweet heart thingy's. The others were in my adult life. I know the problem I have just don't know the solution to the problem. I like a stable life, no guess work, nice and tidy... organized and no ups and downs.

I've had a few men enter my life that were postive influences but just didn't quite 'click' with them. Made for good friends, but not partners.

I have to learn to accept the bad to get to the good... I am working on it :verygood:
 
velvett said:
Erz...

Sometimes you just need a little time on your own...

wise words m'lady, I've had another very intelligent lady tell me the same thing abunch of times.

Dating isn't my forte' .... So I've discovered. I make dates and then soon after cancel them.. Just not into it I guess. A bit of solitude would do me great :rose:
 
NO frisky i have never dropped a relationship...but i seriously messed one up that could have been a lot better than it was because of my fear...i was scared of "love" and instinct took over and i swore to myself that i would hurt him and screw him over before he got the chance to do it to me...i put up a wall and did not want to let him in because i did not want to get hurt again....i had failed a few times before that and gotten hurt so i decided enough was enough...my turn to hurt some one....and yes it screwed it all up and i basically ended up screwing myself over......
 
Erzulie said:
I've been in 4, what i'd consider LT relationships my entire life, two don't count because they were high school sweet heart thingy's. The others were in my adult life. I know the problem I have just don't know the solution to the problem. I like a stable life, no guess work, nice and tidy... organized and no ups and downs.

I've had a few men enter my life that were postive influences but just didn't quite 'click' with them. Made for good friends, but not partners.

I have to learn to accept the bad to get to the good... I am working on it :verygood:

sometimes though, i think we 'click' with the people that are bad for us. i think western societies like our's place too much emphasis on the notion of 'romantic' love instead of starting with friendship and building from there.

i have always taken the approach that unless i was blown off my feet instantly, i couldn't click.........that appraoch hasn't worked, so i'm gonna try and look for someone that does make a good friend and see if the spark can develop from there. at least that way i know that if something does develop, it will develop on a solid foundation.
 
vinylgroover said:
sometimes though, i think we 'click' with the people that are bad for us. i think western societies like our's place too much emphasis on the notion of 'romantic' love instead of starting with friendship and building from there.

i have always taken the approach that unless i was blown off my feet instantly, i couldn't click.........that appraoch hasn't worked, so i'm gonna try and look for someone that does make a good friend and see if the spark can develop from there. at least that way i know that if something does develop, it will develop on a solid foundation


I've never been good at starting friendship and going from there... once a friend, he stays a friend. I've had plenty of guy friends in my life that would have made excellent mates, but after becoming so close to them as friends i felt uncomfortable going any further.

However, I know that three of the four lt relationships i have had we ended up being best friends. Didn't start there but eneded up in that state. I have to have that mixture of romance and friendship to consider a lasting relationship.
 
I've droped a few, left a few wanted to leave a few but didnt know how so just acted like an ass till I got dumped..But this one I'm with I'm planning to keep
 
I've dropped a relationship because her breath stunk and I didn't feel I should have to tell her, "Brush your teeth!"
 
biteme said:
I've dropped a relationship because her breath stunk and I didn't feel I should have to tell her, "Brush your teeth!"


ewww

I dropped one relationship my Sr. year because after 2 months of just dating (no sex either) I bring him over to my grandmothers house to introduce him.. (we are very close) and he starts telling her he's gonna marry me and he had all these plans for my sr. trip, wanted to take me scubs diving and on this cruise.. blah blah.

Scared the living bejesus out of me. He was gone the next day. I was SO not ready for something serious at the pt in my life. Sometimes I could slap myself upside my head because he is a great man, and would have made an excellent husband. Still see him from time to time, he's friends with my sisters husbands family. But I was way to young to be thinking about marriage.
 
Erzulie said:
ewww

I dropped one relationship my Sr. year because after 2 months of just dating (no sex either) I bring him over to my grandmothers house to introduce him.. (we are very close) and he starts telling her he's gonna marry me and he had all these plans for my sr. trip, wanted to take me scubs diving and on this cruise.. blah blah.

Scared the living bejesus out of me. He was gone the next day. I was SO not ready for something serious at the pt in my life. Sometimes I could slap myself upside my head because he is a great man, and would have made an excellent husband. Still see him from time to time, he's friends with my sisters husbands family. But I was way to young to be thinking about marriage.
you just finish eating or something?
 
humantarget said:
i just figgered if'n you weren't talkin', you must be eatin'....

I was watching a movie dammit! Grey's Anatomy, damn good show
 
Erzulie said:
ewww

I dropped one relationship my Sr. year because after 2 months of just dating (no sex either) I bring him over to my grandmothers house to introduce him.. (we are very close) and he starts telling her he's gonna marry me and he had all these plans for my sr. trip, wanted to take me scubs diving and on this cruise.. blah blah.

Scared the living bejesus out of me. He was gone the next day. I was SO not ready for something serious at the pt in my life. Sometimes I could slap myself upside my head because he is a great man, and would have made an excellent husband. Still see him from time to time, he's friends with my sisters husbands family. But I was way to young to be thinking about marriage.
hun i know this is a serious ? and if you want to pm me about it you can but if you read my post in the previous page i kind of know what i am saying...BUT were you severly hurt by some one?? you seem to me by reading your posts on here that you are scared of some thing serious....i am just wondering what is going on with you..and you know if you need some one i am here to listen!
 
Angel said:
hun i know this is a serious ? and if you want to pm me about it you can but if you read my post in the previous page i kind of know what i am saying...BUT were you severly hurt by some one?? you seem to me by reading your posts on here that you are scared of some thing serious....i am just wondering what is going on with you..and you know if you need some one i am here to listen!

Honestly, I can't say i've ever been seriously hurt in any relationship. Sure my childhood wasn't all peaches and cream, but I keep that out of my relationships. I've been the same way all of my life. Very few get past my core, and those that do have never really done me wrong. And the one that slightly did, i am just as much at fault as he is. So I don't blame him.

Maybe im just programmed to be this way? I dunno, I've been digging into my issues with commitment for years. I've been able to commit for 11 years and never looked back. Relationship to relationship is different though. It takes a special man to get to me, and I can honestly say those are few and far inbetween. Not saying there aren't plenty of great men, just not what im looking for.
 
Erzulie said:
Honestly, I can't say i've ever been seriously hurt in any relationship. Sure my childhood wasn't all peaches and cream, but I keep that out of my relationships. I've been the same way all of my life. Very few get past my core, and those that do have never really done me wrong. And the one that slightly did, i am just as much at fault as he is. So I don't blame him.

Maybe im just programmed to be this way? I dunno, I've been digging into my issues with commitment for years. I've been able to commit for 11 years and never looked back. Relationship to relationship is different though. It takes a special man to get to me, and I can honestly say those are few and far inbetween. Not saying there aren't plenty of great men, just not what im looking for.
hun i am not trying to dig into your past i am sying maybe a previous boyfirend or husband has hurt you...who knows maybe you are not ready to recover from the divorce yet...maybe after being married you need some alone time....I honestly IMO think maybe you should call him or what not because every lady deserves a man...excuse me if this is not my buisness..you being one of the nicest helpfull ladies on e.f i thought i would but in..plus i have been drinking so i have some balls LOL...but i think you two were some what meant to be and you know what i am talking about......hun get past all the bad and look for the good it is the only way to live in this life....you both deserve sooo much....even if i am wrong and there is another mr true right out there give him a chance...every one atleast deserves a chance
 
Angel said:
hun i am not trying to dig into your past i am sying maybe a previous boyfirend or husband has hurt you...who knows maybe you are not ready to recover from the divorce yet...maybe after being married you need some alone time....I honestly IMO think maybe you should call him or what not because every lady deserves a man...excuse me if this is not my buisness..you being one of the nicest helpfull ladies on e.f i thought i would but in..plus i have been drinking so i have some balls LOL...but i think you two were some what meant to be and you know what i am talking about......hun get past all the bad and look for the good it is the only way to live in this life....you both deserve sooo much....even if i am wrong and there is another mr true right out there give him a chance...every one atleast deserves a chance


lol

its ok sugar.. call who? My thread about men hating was a huge joke. I don't hate men, actually and honestly i've been burned by more women friends than i ever have by men. My best and most trustworthy friends were men. I have had some assholes in my life, both men and women, but believe me.. i can in a blink of an eye shut them off and move on. I don't linger on that shit, i have no time for that. I'm a busy person with a goal, a carrer and a family.

My X and I will never be one again. Its just not meant to be. I see it he doesn't , thats the way the ball rolls. I would never be happy with him again, even though I once was. I've always been firm on the belief that once I say im done, I mean it.. really done. If I have to leave or make you leave its bad enough that it can't be fixed or mended. My X and I were together for 11 years with out one break up, Im a very easy going person but when enough was enough and it was that time, then I knew i walked away without looking back. I'm not in for any games.

He's out there, i know he is.. may take weeks, months, years... but one day I'll meet someone that will fulfill me. But if not than the life i've experienced was amazing.
 
Erzulie said:
He's out there, i know he is.. may take weeks, months, years... but one day I'll meet someone that will fulfill me.
Too bad he's gay.

But, you'll have a great hairdresser.
 
biteme said:
I've dropped a relationship because her breath stunk and I didn't feel I should have to tell her, "Brush your teeth!"



yep ive dont the same thing....it doesnt matter after u get comfortable but in the begining that stuff is so important
 
You know, I got a woman
And she lives in the poor part of town
and I go see her sometimes
And we make love, so fine
I put my head on her shoulder
She says, "Tell me all your troubles."
You know what she says? She says
"Daddy you're a fool to cry
You're a fool to cry
and it makes me wonder why."
 
Erzulie said:
I've never been good at starting friendship and going from there... once a friend, he stays a friend. I've had plenty of guy friends in my life that would have made excellent mates, but after becoming so close to them as friends i felt uncomfortable going any further.

However, I know that three of the four lt relationships i have had we ended up being best friends. Didn't start there but eneded up in that state. I have to have that mixture of romance and friendship to consider a lasting relationship.


See I'm just the opposite. Every one of my long term relationships has started with friendship first. I like to get to know someone before I get that close to them. In my experience, once you know someone very well it makes the next step much easier and comfortable. Hell usually it just kinda happens for me, before I even know what is going on.

But it always starts with me knowing and trusting them before it leads to something more than friends. Hell, a good relationship/marriage is really just very close friendship with benefits when you get right down to it.
 
Erzulie said:
for no apparent reason at all?

I've been told time and time again :rolleyes: that the closer I get to liking someone, liking to spend time with them, the further I pull away. Mostly its because i begin to get a bad feeling about pursuing it. Sometimes its just because... I have no reason at all. I've had less than a handful (2) of relationships that have penetrated my outer core and I actually gave a shit about when it ended.

I'm sure some will say, I'll end up dying a loney ol hag.. but in a way, thats a OK, with me because I have to truely believe in someone to let them fully into my life. If there is one spark of hesitation along the ride than I'm usually out of there quick.

you need to get laid, there's to many relationship questions coming from you
 
tommy2tone said:
you need to get laid, there's to many relationship questions coming from you


:lmao:

curious minds wanna know
 
Erzulie said:
:lmao:

curious minds wanna know

ok since you have forgotten

sex is the best thing on earth....

better than ice cream, better than that barbie dream house you go on your 18th birthday, and better than all the bullets in the world
 
tommy2tone said:
ok since you have forgotten

sex is the best thing on earth....

better than ice cream, better than that barbie dream house you go on your 18th birthday, and better than all the bullets in the world


Thanks for reminding me... :(
 
Erzulie said:
for no apparent reason at all?

I've been told time and time again :rolleyes: that the closer I get to liking someone, liking to spend time with them, the further I pull away. Mostly its because i begin to get a bad feeling about pursuing it. Sometimes its just because... I have no reason at all. I've had less than a handful (2) of relationships that have penetrated my outer core and I actually gave a shit about when it ended.

I'm sure some will say, I'll end up dying a loney ol hag.. but in a way, thats a OK, with me because I have to truely believe in someone to let them fully into my life. If there is one spark of hesitation along the ride than I'm usually out of there quick.

I believe I touched on this in another thread!
 
slat1 said:
I believe I touched on this in another thread!


I think you did.

I believe the case right now is so much going on in my life, and I feel stretched from one end of the spectrum to the other. Nothing to do with the men at all, most are very good guys. A few wise women told me that I prolly just need some time alone, and I agree. Maybe thats what it is.
 
Forge said:
See I'm just the opposite. Every one of my long term relationships has started with friendship first. I like to get to know someone before I get that close to them. In my experience, once you know someone very well it makes the next step much easier and comfortable. Hell usually it just kinda happens for me, before I even know what is going on.

But it always starts with me knowing and trusting them before it leads to something more than friends. Hell, a good relationship/marriage is really just very close friendship with benefits when you get right down to it.

it's something i am trying to do. i have always taken the approach that unless i got that instant feeling of lust and fire in the belly, it wasn't for me. That approach has got me nowhere, so now i want to try a different tack and try to cultivate something from a friendship first.
 
erz

you're a Cajun girl. You can't help being who you are. :)
 
vinylgroover said:
it's something i am trying to do. i have always taken the approach that unless i got that instant feeling of lust and fire in the belly, it wasn't for me. That approach has got me nowhere, so now i want to try a different tack and try to cultivate something from a friendship first.


IMHO, that instant first impression feeling of fire in the groins in lust, the feeling that develops out of friendship is love. Sometimes lust leads to love, sometimes it doesn't, but you really can't love someone without knowing them first, and that takes time.

I've met women who I was instantly attracted to, until I got to know them and realized just how wack and immature they were. And I've met women who I felt kinda blah about at first, but after awhile fell head over heels in love with them. The latter scenario has ALWAYS turned out better for me. :D
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
erz

you're a Cajun girl. You can't help being who you are. :)


What's that supposed to mean Matt?

I was in an 11yr relationship/marriage. Its not that i can't commit.. but more of that I am not ready to commit right now. I was with my x at the young age of 19 and had no problem. Not sure what you are getting at here.

I've realized that I don't need a man in my life to make it whole, kudo's for me. I have alot of things going on otherwise, carreer, kids, home, training.. etc. Not saying a man couldn't compliment me in some way or another..but I won't rely on a man to make me happy. That is something I have to do on my own.

I am woman enough to admit that right now something long term and commited isn't for me. I could never devote enough time to make any relationship work. When the time is right, and im settled.. I want to be an amazing wife/girlfriend that is attenative, caring and giving. I just can't be that right now.. so the end result would be him thinking im selfish and self serving. So I just bail out before it gets to that point.

I make it loud and clear before that I have alot going on in my life, and that I can't be at his beckon call. If I can't give 100% to a relationship then I'd rather not get serious with someone. I don't think thats such a bad thing. If hes willing to stick around, and understand how hectic my life is.. then maybe just maybe, in the end things will work out. But in my experience men are just as selfish as women and they don't want to be put in the middle of the list of things to do.
 
Erzulie said:
What's that supposed to mean Matt?

I was in an 11yr relationship/marriage. Its not that i can't commit.. but more of that I am not ready to commit right now. I was with my x at the young age of 19 and had no problem. Not sure what you are getting at here.

I've realized that I don't need a man in my life to make it whole, kudo's for me. I have alot of things going on otherwise, carreer, kids, home, training.. etc. Not saying a man couldn't compliment me in some way or another..but I won't rely on a man to make me happy. That is something I have to do on my own.

I am woman enough to admit that right now something long term and commited isn't for me. I could never devote enough time to make any relationship work. When the time is right, and im settled.. I want to be an amazing wife/girlfriend that is attenative, caring and giving. I just can't be that right now.. so the end result would be him thinking im selfish and self serving. So I just bail out before it gets to that point.

I make it loud and clear before that I have alot going on in my life, and that I can't be at his beckon call. If I can't give 100% to a relationship then I'd rather not get serious with someone. I don't think thats such a bad thing. If hes willing to stick around, and understand how hectic my life is.. then maybe just maybe, in the end things will work out. But in my experience men are just as selfish as women and they don't want to be put in the middle of the list of things to do.


so what your really trying to say is your horny.....
 
Erzulie said:
What's that supposed to mean Matt?

I was in an 11yr relationship/marriage. Its not that i can't commit.. but more of that I am not ready to commit right now. I was with my x at the young age of 19 and had no problem. Not sure what you are getting at here.

I've realized that I don't need a man in my life to make it whole, kudo's for me. I have alot of things going on otherwise, carreer, kids, home, training.. etc. Not saying a man couldn't compliment me in some way or another..but I won't rely on a man to make me happy. That is something I have to do on my own.

I am woman enough to admit that right now something long term and commited isn't for me. I could never devote enough time to make any relationship work. When the time is right, and im settled.. I want to be an amazing wife/girlfriend that is attenative, caring and giving. I just can't be that right now.. so the end result would be him thinking im selfish and self serving. So I just bail out before it gets to that point.

I make it loud and clear before that I have alot going on in my life, and that I can't be at his beckon call. If I can't give 100% to a relationship then I'd rather not get serious with someone. I don't think thats such a bad thing. If hes willing to stick around, and understand how hectic my life is.. then maybe just maybe, in the end things will work out. But in my experience men are just as selfish as women and they don't want to be put in the middle of the list of things to do.

Don't get me wrong erz. I love Cajun women and almost married one. Sometimes I wish I did.
 
Top Bottom