Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have any of you girls tried this sweetner?

atlantabiolab said:
Cyclamates were banned in the US years ago, based off of the ridiculous Kefauver Act requirements. You may be thinking of sodium saccharin.

Saccharin does have a metallic after taste :worried:

As for cyclamate and cancer :
Because the findings in animals suggested that cyclamate might increase the risk of bladder cancer in humans, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the use of cyclamate in 1969. More recent animal studies have failed to demonstrate that cyclamate is a carcinogen (a substance known to cause cancer) or a co-carcinogen (a substance that enhances the effect of a cancer-causing substance).

Actually I use both aspartame and cyclamate (Sweet n low)

Anthrax said:
Saccharin does have a metallic after taste :worried:

As for cyclamate and cancer :
Because the findings in animals suggested that cyclamate might increase the risk of bladder cancer in humans, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the use of cyclamate in 1969. More recent animal studies have failed to demonstrate that cyclamate is a carcinogen (a substance known to cause cancer) or a co-carcinogen (a substance that enhances the effect of a cancer-causing substance).

Actually I use both aspartame and cyclamate (Sweet n low)

Sweet N Low, in the US, is not cyclamate, it is sodium saccharin. Cyclamates, while not harmful, have not been allowed for sale in the US.

atlantabiolab said:
Sweet N Low, in the US, is not cyclamate, it is sodium saccharin.
...or how to confuse consumers

atlantabiolab said:
Cyclamates, while not harmful, have not been allowed for sale in the US.
I feel sorry for you ;)

[Maybe someone should tell the FDA that cyclamates (just like ephedrine BTW) is safe if used in "normal" conditions, while sugar (sucrose) is not]

Top Bottom