Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone went from 18% to single digit fat percentage

SCHNiKEN

The question is the title.. also how did you do it? What type of diet did you follow? Is there any reason.. say genetics thats some people might not be able to accomplish this?

I've personnally been most of my life in the single digit but one of the person who did that (from 20 to 9%) used dnp. Now its up to you to make a decision....

I went from 16% to 8% in 16 weeks in prep for a bb competition last summer. All via diet & training & cardio. Used Ripped Fuel as a thermo and some ALA and chromium picolinate and tribulus - jury is out on whether or not that helped. Note that I didn't maintain that bf tho.... all in the name of competition. Hard for women to stay below 10% - 11% is when menstruation tends to stop and that can result all sorts of problems w/ calcium deficiency and ultimately brittle bones if it continues for extended periods of time.

Years ago, when I used to bulk/cut...I went up to 21%bf on my bulk, then when I went to my cutting cycle I used CKD and went down to 5%bf...usually duable, but once you hit 10% then it's the hardest to break down to lower bf%.

Mr.X :cool:

I went down to 8% without even trying to reduce my BF. No dieting, no supplements, no nothing. Only cardio was my MA/KB training.

Then again to put on weight/muscle is a harder task for me.

hardgainer (still hard and gaining)

A couple years ago I dropped from 19.7% to right around 5%...of course these measurements were taken with a calipher (by the same technician) over the course of several months. As most people know the calipher method isn't the most accurate...so plus or minus a little in the upper and bottom number. Nevertheless, I still dropped about 40 pounds of fat.
It is all a matter of getting yourself into a caloric deficit. If you are eating heavy calories right now I wouldn't advise any drastic drops. Start slow and shave calories off every week. Keep your protein high(at least 1.5 grams per lb. of bodyweight) and work out a good macronutrient profile for your carbs and fats to fit in as well. Then it's a matter of staying consistent when choosing a weight regimen and aerobic routine. Personally, I lift heavy with low reps while bulking or cutting...the only difference is while bulking I don't do any cardio. I add cardio only during a cut. Last time I cut I think I overdid it with my aerobics...so next time I cut I am sticking with a decent pace of walking a couple times a day. It has been shown that walking is fine for cutting up as long as your calories are on track. If you start getting too intense with your areobics you will start burning too much muscle tissue. I also have to watch my areobics when in a caloric deficit phase because my job is very physical...and I will overtrain like that { a snap of the fingers}. These are just basic guidelines, but you really have to find what works best for your body through trial and error....best of luck to you.

About 2 years ago, I slipped on my working out for about 6 weeks and was eating like a madman. My bodyfat shot up to 15-16% to my usual >10%. After a month or so of working out again, adding in some cardio and eating clean 28 days out of the month, I again dropped below 10% and it wasn't really that hard at all. Just follow the instructions (diet plan and workouts) and you can't go wrong.

Top Bottom