Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Has anyone seen the powerlifting in the OLMYPICS?

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
I hate it when people think I'm talking about bodybuilding when I say I'm a powerlifter. They give me a look like "you're too skinny to do that"

It works the same way for us thicker guys. they give me a look like "DAMN! you are too sexy to be a BB'er" WHAHAHAHAHA
no really, they always wonder when and how you are going to diet down for the upcoming contests. that's when i can say that i am under weight and am trying to gain 5-10 lbs for my contest!!
you just have to sometimes sit back and laugh at the things the simpletons (wanna-be-bb'ers) say and do in the gym.

JIMM
:garza:

Fast Twitch Fiber said:
I hate it when people think I'm talking about bodybuilding when I say I'm a powerlifter. They give me a look like "you're too skinny to do that"

lol.. i'm never told i'm too skinny.
a lot of people say "powerlifting???? How'd you get into THAT????" like its midget bowling.

w8lifterchick said:
lol.. i'm never told i'm too skinny.
a lot of people say "powerlifting???? How'd you get into THAT????" like its midget bowling.

WOW now there is an odd image that is in my head now..

A powerlifter throwing a midget down the lane to knock down the pins! i think you are on to something, you had better start marketing it, before i beat you to it. WHAHAHAHAHAHA

JIMM

jimm said:
A powerlifter throwing a midget down the lane to knock down the pins! i think you are on to something, you had better start marketing it, before i beat you to it. WHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, hey - don't knock it till you've tried it!

There is a big midget trade in these parts!

jimm said:
I hear you there, everytime i tell someone i am a powerlifter, they say oh yeah and throw there are up in the air like the are doing a snatch, I hate having to explain to them, since they ill never under stand the difference. because they alway keep asking, so when are you going to be in the olymics!!
the snatch, is the movement were the bar goes directly over the head at arms length and their legs are usually split instead to going into a squat.

The snatch is where the bar goes from the floor to directly over head with the feet together (in the old days the split snatch was performed by some).

The clean and jerk is where the legs are split.

mekannik said:
The snatch is where the bar goes from the floor to directly over head with the feet together (in the old days the split snatch was performed by some).

The clean and jerk is where the legs are split.

Yes yes i worded that wrong, my appologies.

Top Bottom