Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hack squats with barbells???

the-juggernaut

i have a problem,i lift weights at home and when i train legs i do squats,,only thing is i don't have a squat rack,,so in order for me to squat i have to basically power clean the weight over my shoulders!!! i can do that for like 3 sets while i'm increaseing the weight but than i can't lift the wieght over my shoulders anymore cause my back and shoulder muscles give out way before my legs do,, well this day i was going to finish off with reg deadlifts but instead of lifing the weight from the front i lift with the barbell behind my legs (hack squats??),,i felt the sress more on my legs and i can do more wieght,,i like to know do people still do barbell hack squats and is it good as the reg squats??

I don't know a lot of people who still do these, but I have done them on occassion when I am traveling and find myself in the gym that lacks equipment. Do what you have to do -- if it feels good and you think your getting growth out of it then go for it. Who cares what other people think or do -- do what's right for you.

I also work out at home and I do hack squats with a barbell, it's just as effective as the hack squat machine.

Top Bottom