Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

great shoulder workout

110%

i had a great shoulder workout today. my shoulders are still killing tonight, if u guys ever wanna try something new do 4 sets of standing overhead press, 4 sets of dumbell press, 4 sets of machine press, and 4 sets of seated bent over lateral raises all exercises pyramding up 10-8-6-4 reps

Not a huge fan of standing overhead presses there is too many ways to cheat and too much room for error in form.

16 sets for shoulders? i think that would be overtraining for me i dont know about anyone else but if its working for you thats great, personally i would lower the sets to 3 per exercise and maybe add some more direct trap work.
Heres what my shoulder workout looks like,

seated lateral dumbell raises 3 sets.
seated dumbell or hammer strength raises 4 sets
upright barbell rows 3 sets
barbell shrugs 3 sets

That routines has been working ok for me for a while, but im going to switch it around soon to try and hit the delts a bit more.

I agree with both these guys. First of all, standing mil presses, bar or db, are to easy to cheat on, especially on the last set.

Also think it's too much mil press volume. 16 sets is too much.

this has really shaped and packed on weight to my shoulders:

Machine Presses- 4 sets- (12-15reps)

Seated Dumbell Lateral raises- 4 sets- (12-15 reps) Grab the weights you can do at maimum 12-15 reps with, when exhaustion kicks in drop the weights and pick up 10-15 lbs lighter and pump out another 12-15 reps.

Seated Dumbell Presses- 4 sets- (15, 12, 8, 6)

Bent Over Lateral Raises- 4 sets- (12-15 reps)

This is King Kamali's Delt Workout---Has really worked great for me!!!

I like mine:

2 sets seated DB press
1 sets lateral raises
2 sets deadlifts
2 sets standing BB military (It's possible to cheat on any lift; the trick is NOT to. ;) )
1 set DB shrugs

Been progressing steadily in every lift for the last three months or so. Rep range is always 5-8.

Top Bottom