Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

got a sore brachioradialis

victor duchaine

Hi, I'm suffering from brachioradialis area tendinitis, since I started lifting, pain just don't go away and it gets worst at night, should I stop lifting until I get checked out? Can the pain become chronic? This sucks!

those are called forearm splints and they are caused by overuse/imbalances of the arm

if you use gloves, straps, wraps, belts that can create an imbalance over time. so if you are using those stop immediately ..
this type of thing happens with new lifters or guys who have rapid improvement because of the tendency to create imbalances.. when you wear gloves what happens is your upper arm might get stronger but your wrists and hands become weaker. your forearms in tern also become weaker and now you have an imbalance, hence why you are in pain

a lot of guys will tell you "lift through them" .. yes for some that works, but for others the condition becomes chronic . stopping lifting totally or just hammering through it are both wrong IMO. I can tell you that i would do something in between. any type of lifts that aggravate it you should stop or go lighter on the weight, but don't stop totally.

you should also consider seeing a GOOD physical therapist who can work with you at correcting any imbalances you have.

PS. this is why I absolutely hate seeing guys in the gym wearing gloves, wraps, straps, belts, purses, etc etc you get my point. lifting should always be RAW and you should always hit all muscles, not just do upper body and ignore legs, or just do quads and ignore hammies. not saying you are doing this on purpose but if you notice in the gym a lot of dudes walk around like hunchbacks cause they can bench 400 pounds but can only pull 80. so you create a strong chest and a very weak back. to make matters worse they do pulls/rows using just their shoulders.. so now they make their shoulders way stronger while not even utilizing their back. hence why they become hunchbacks in their 40's. so you see guys use their stronger muscles to do lifts, instead of using their weaker muscles. over time this will catch up to you.

the worst offenders are the clowns who use straps for everything. I'm not impressed that you can deadlift 400 pounds with the help of belts, wraps, straps, chalk, and gloves. take that shit away from them and they won't even be able to do 200 with proper form.. how are you going to build hand strength by deadlifting with wraps and gloves? you can't!

Switch up to hammer grip in your bicep and back exercises, that can help you out for the time being while your tendons get stronger

Try supplementing with a good natural joint aid supplement and fish oil. It will help reduce inflammation in the area and decrease pain.

I like the joint supplement n2joint rx from n2bm.com. You can pick up fish oil for cheap at Costco.

Also try applying a topical muscle cream like RubA535. It'll keep the area warm and increase blood flow to the area.

I like the supplements Muskate suggests to help heal the actual injury. I would try that and lift with lighter weights. You may be going to heavy for your body to keep up.

Use N2JOint RX - it is very effective and helpful, so you can't go wrong with it. However, you also need to give your wrists some good rest, because in spite of the fact that you will be using supplements, a good rest will do much more for them.

Top Bottom