Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

good news for all aussie r-ALA users!!!

Redbak

Good news for any r-ALA bros in Australia.
A dude at my local GNC store (rare that i go in there so don't hold it against me!) put me on to a local brand of r-ala.

The manufacturer's name is Metagenics and its only available through one pharmacy in Melbourne, CR Hawthorn and Glenhuntly Rds.

Gonna try and get my old lady to order it in at her clinic but as it stands retail is still way cheaper than importing it from AF.

ALA bros from America - i think Metagenics are from your country so might be worthwile trying to source them. :)

It is a fact macro, maybe it isn't available in your country but it sure as hell is in mine.

the label reads:

Metagenics Lipoic Acid (R-Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100mg) 60 caps - Practitioner Only Range

Metagenics Lipoic Acid represents the latest scientific advancements in our industry of antioxidents in the mitochondrial structures of living cells. Metagenics Lipoic Acid provides high quality antioxidant support for assisting general well-being during times of oxident stress or heavy exercise.
Lipoic Acid is an important coenzyme in the Citric Acid (Kerbs) Cycle. This cycle is the main source of ATP-based metabolic energy, and the primary paathway in the flow of metabolic carbon to biomolecules. Lipoic Acid is necessary for the functioning of pyruvate dehydrogenase, the main enzyme of the Citric Acid Cycle and which catalyses the oxidative decarboxylation of pyruvate to acetyl CoA.
The alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase enzyme complex also requires lipoic acid as an essential coenzyme in the oxidative decarboxylation of alpha-ketoglutarate to succinyl-SCoA.

IF THIS IS THE RACEMIC VER. AS YOU SAY IT IS THEN WHY DOES IT SAY R-ALPHA LIPOIC ACID ON THE LABEL????????????????

will look into it. though would think that something intended for practitioners would have D-thioctic acid written on it. though the metagenics site (both US and AUS) do not indicate r enantiomer.

though that could be a web site issue

Yeh i also noticed that it isn't listed as the r enantiomer on their AU web-stie. Dunno why or how the guy at GNC found out about it. The r enantiomer is predominately what they use in testing ALA and alot of the testing is done in Australia so that might be why they use it.

What is D-thioctic acid?

r-ala = d-thioctic

btw- if the company is not advertising it.. its very likely not r-ala.. and given the prices of thier products (compared to material cost).. such a bottle would be 60$+

the price is AUD20.00
like i said to ulter, if your product was available here at USD20.00 the Metagenics would be cheaper by around 5c a cap. Not much, but when i include the shipping and the cost of money ordering it is a considerable saving.
But like i said, i will be getting it wholesale through a doctors clinic next time so it will obviously be even cheaper.

I still don't understand your reasoning on this. It isn't marketed as a bodybuilding suppliment but predominately as a powerful antioxidant. Why would they advertise it, they don't mass market any of their products like that, they leave that to the pharmacist / GP. The do sell high quality products i know that and are involved in the researching side of things. I just don't see how it could be anything else when it's listed as r-ala on the label. I understand your skepticism due to the web-site issue and will be checking up on this for myself. The best way is for me to simply test the product but i still have 3 bottles of AF r-ala to get through before i do that. I'll PM you and Ulter when i get some confirmation on this and i'd like you to do the same for me.

Top Bottom