Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Going to GNC today. What do I get?

aironite

Hi there.

I'm going to GNC today but I need to know what to get so I dont get fed bullshit by a saleslady AGAIN.

Here's my stats:

20 y/o male
230 lbs (i'm overweight)
6'2"
9 mos into training, lost 75 pounds.

I only know my bench max, and that is 165. (i'm so weak!!) I want to burn fat the most effecient way possible while still getting muscle growth. My main priority is chest strength right now.

Chest Routine 2x weekly:

Flat Bench: 1setx8, 1setx6, 1setx3/4
Decline Bench: 1setx8, 1setx6, 1setx3/4
Incline Dumbells: 1setx8, 1setx6, 1setx3/4

To help burn calories to promote further weight loss, i spend 35 minutes on the eliptical machines @ 10 resistence, H.I.I.T style. (2 minutes hard, 2 minutes slow, etc)

ohashi said:
Walk in, turn around, leave the store, and do your shopping online.

Haha, I was just about to type the same thing. GNC's prices are rediculous, and that gold card crap is a BS plan to make you think you're saving money. Some of those supplements in there are marked up over 50 %. Shop online..

josh

yeah screw gnc
you probably dont need much outside of a good multi
maybe a protien powder if you really want one
i would stay away from thermos for now

priority number one, honestly, should be getting yoru diet in order

So now that everyone has there "GNC sux" outa the way why don you tell him where to go online and what to get.

My opinioin, Whey protein first, glutimine second, creatine third and then some r-ala for your weight loss. Try dpsnutrition.com

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned your training routine. Either that or I'm reading wrong - but it appears to me as if you're only doing resistance training for your chest?

You're missing out on a lot of growth and calorie burning potential...you should try a full body 3-day split or something to start with. Chest is nice but you don't want to build a funny shape. Trust me...I did the same thing but in reverse, I neglected my chest and trained my back too much and now it's hard for my arms to sit all the way back, LOL. My posterior (rear) delts are so much fuller than my anterior (front) delts and that's why. Also, training bigger muscle groups such as your back and legs will burn more calories and add growth all over. Add muscle and you'll speed up your metabolism. Plus, when you trim down even more, you'll have more than just a nice chest to show off. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I'm not trying to flame here or sound like a dick, just wanna help out.

As for your diet, there's tons of good info here on that but I don't know what your current diet consists of, so I won't act like I do. You must be doing something right given your progress.

And the supplements? Shop online if you ask me. Stay away from stuff that is overhyped and instead spend your money on the important stuff to start with:

- Multivitamin to keep your body nourished and healthy. VERY important! For those predisposed to acne, I would personally recommend getting a multivitamin that has no iodine in it.

- Some flax oil (get the liquid) will provide EFAs (essential fatty acids) and will help with everything from joint health to losing weight.

- Protein will help you keep your muscles and strength while you continue to trim down. I personally would recommend Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey, my favorite flavor being chocolate. It'll mix easily and cleans up easily too.

- Green tea is a nice way of giving your metabolism a little boost, providing antioxidants, and just for relaxing in general. The health benefits here are countless.

I would say, stay away from the thermogenics right now. I don't know if you've already used them, but save em for later. Take it from me. ;)

All in all, you should be proud of your progress. Congratulations on that. Keep up the hard work.

SLG

DPSNutrition or affordablesupplement.com - sometimes I go into GnC just to see what they have and even their specials w/the gold card are expensive - I tell them I can go on-line and get things cheaper! The store is a total ripe-off.

Top Bottom