Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Going to compete, help me with this..

MrRTTB

I'm going up next year but until then I really need some help with my arms. Ive tried a lot different things. Now, for the next 7 weeks while I'm still "on" a bulk cycle I would need your help fellas.

It seems like hitting arms once per week isn't for me. They grew some last cycle when I started to train biceps/tri 2 days per week but instead of the same reps and sets I lowered the sets each time.

I'm a bit into the DC program, but as I read about it it seems some muscle groups wont get the stimulation as a one musclegroup per day program. The dc program doesn't include much for shoulders than the front of the shoulder, what about the back and sides. But maybe I'm wrong and it's a great program for one like me who need to put on a good 2" on my arms.

I just looked in an old muscle & fitness mag and there was a program for the arms that made me think one more time.
The program looks like this

Mon: Chest, shoulders, Triceps(5x5 on tri)
Tue: Back, biceps(5x5 on bic), trapz
Wed: OFF
Thu: Legs, Calfs
Fri: Biceps/triceps

The biceps/tricepsprogram looks like this(all supersets)

Standing BB Curl/Close Grip bench
15-5-5-5-5

Alternate DB curl/Sculls
8-8-8-8

incline DB curl/triceps pressdowns
10-10-10

Preacher curls/Dumbell kickbacks
15 - 15

The monday I would do only 1 movement for triceps, 5x5
same with tue for bic, one movement 5x5

Either this or a DC program.
Cals are up high, protein very high, and fat around 100, rest carbs in devided meals during the day.

What should one pick..?

if sticking with a typical split, you could hit arms on their own heavy day, but also train them light and fast after chest or back, that way they are being hit 2x per week. Its worked for me in the past

Dude, it looks like you've changed your mind about 8 times in the past week. That's way too much volume for your arms. I suggest DC training, but moreover I suggest actually trying out a program for a few months and quit changing your mind.

MrRTTB said:
I'm going up next year but until then I really need some help with my arms. Ive tried a lot different things. Now, for the next 7 weeks while I'm still "on" a bulk cycle I would need your help fellas.

I can't find the thread in which I first objected to your modified DC routine, so how's about now? :)

It seems like hitting arms once per week isn't for me. They grew some last cycle when I started to train biceps/tri 2 days per week but instead of the same reps and sets I lowered the sets each time.

In other words, you experience more growth with a greater frequency of training?

I'm a bit into the DC program, but as I read about it it seems some muscle groups wont get the stimulation as a one musclegroup per day program. The dc program doesn't include much for shoulders than the front of the shoulder, what about the back and sides.

Hmmm...yeah, I have to agree here; as it is commonly practiced, the routine does heavily emphasize the front delts.

But don't despair; you needn't do only shoulder presses. I myself cycle through four different shoulder exercises: cable laterals, military press, upright row, and a machine press. Until I made this change, my shoulders didn't grow and get stronger at the same rate as everything else...all that pressing started to burn me out. Now, though, it's great.

But maybe I'm wrong and it's a great program for one like me who need to put on a good 2" on my arms.

DC is. I started with 18" arms, and have 19" arms now, no juice.

But I'm a bit confused...earlier, you were afraid that the biceps might be overtrained in DC lifting, right? Now you're concerned about adequate stimulation?

As someone else said, sit down with all this and think it through. You're definitely giving it some thought because you have valid questions, but I think the answers are there if you approach things from a slightly different angle.

The biceps/tricepsprogram looks like this(all supersets)

Standing BB Curl/Close Grip bench
15-5-5-5-5

Alternate DB curl/Sculls
8-8-8-8

incline DB curl/triceps pressdowns
10-10-10

Preacher curls/Dumbell kickbacks
15 - 15

The monday I would do only 1 movement for triceps, 5x5
same with tue for bic, one movement 5x5

Either this or a DC program.
Cals are up high, protein very high, and fat around 100, rest carbs in devided meals during the day.

To train the arms quite that frequently, I think you're going to have to do very minimal volume, like one work set.

I suggest you just try the DC workouts. You'll find that, especially since you're training "assisted," overtraining won't be a problem. After a month, lower your doses and just train lighter for a couple of weeks...then start over. Read his articles on the first page of the "stickied" thread, and RE-read them. Peruse the thread at will, also, and pay special attention when Lord DOGG posts.

I think after awhile you'll find that the style is simply too much to resist trying. Bro, I swear, I only wish I could do DC while on a cycle. I'm not a terrible bodybuilder but I'd be a MUCH improved one if I had great training, decent genetics, and good chemicals all on my side.

Let me live vicariously through your progress :) Trust me man, it WILL work. No doubt about it...and remember, I was a skeptic at first too.

Top Bottom