Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GNC had no clue what Dextrose was!

yosshimura

High End Bro
Platinum
:mad: I went today to a GNC in Ft Lauderdale and got my Xenadrine and Designer whey protein. I asked the lady for dextrose and she had no clue what I was talking about ! :mad: WTF!?! Is this not something you can just buy at GNC.

I am just getting this stuff at GNC now, so I don't have to wait for mail order. I am definitly starting to order from some of the companies online.

So dextrose? I know its powder, but would GNC know if by another name? I am going to try my local GNC tommorrow.

thanks

dextrose = glucose

or more precisely D-(+)-glucose

SUrfing the archives, I read someone taking Gatorade in place of dextrose..... I could handle that since I cut my Gatorade months ago due to the carbs :( and I LOVE Gatorade :D

If I could use Gatorade post workout what's the catch? Less effective than straight dextrose? fattenting? Too much Carbs? :confused:

Gatorade is full of regular sugar. regular sugar is half fructose, half dextrose. Fructose refills liver glycogen, dextrose refills muscle glycogen.

Ok, write off Gatorade as a dextrose alternative then... Can I take "any" Gatorade to satisfy my craving?

I used to drink diet cokes and Gatorade literally like water for years, then stopped 6 mhts ago or so, just drinking an occasion sip of Gatorade (as little as you would drink an after dinner drink), and a diet coke a wk or every two wks or more time in between.

Gatorade is OK when you need quick energy (as in a marathon)

Dextrose is just corn sugar. No GNC that I know of carries it. They might mail order it for you but why not do that yourself. Call some local natural food stores. They might carry dextrose.

Don't buy Cell-tech or any other HP creatine booster! These booster prods are nothing but dextrose and a little (very little) creatine. Make you're booster!

:mad: :mad: :mad: I was on the road today shopping for some other stuff and stopped at 2 GNC's and 2 other vitamin/natural med places at malls!!!!!! NONE had a clue what (NOT a clue!) what dextrose , cell tech, or glucose was! Who hires these clerks?!? They have zero knowledge of what they carry or don't carry.

I am ordering it online tonight, I will just be a wk or two without it, :mix: oh well.

I do have my Whey and Xenadrine :D .......

Top Bottom