Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Girl's Weight loss diet

bigpoppadrew

Hey My sister is looking to lose weight and was wondering if anyone has any good plans (diet, training supplements etc.) she goes to the gym 2-3 times a week doing cardio and weights on alternating days...she is looking to lose about 30-40 pounds in total. What type of diet should she be doing? I am not exactly sure on her stats, but she is 5'8", like 180 (I think).. she doesn't eat 5 or 6 meals a day (more like 3 or 4) and I keep telling her she should, and she doesn't eat breakfast either. I tell her that b-fast is good to get your metabolism working but she says she doesn't like to eat breakfast she could probably take protein shakes between meals to replace a couple meals, would that be a good idea? a good meal plan would be greatly appreciated and possibly some good workout tips. Thanks gals :D

#1 Get her on the boards
#2 She needs to eat more meals!!!! will never work any other way...
#3 Diet is an individual thing......do a search tons of info on diets and examples of things to eat
#4 Its a lifestyle change....not simply a diet...it will not happen over night, and there is no magic pill or way of getting there.
#5 Tons of water....and then a little more:)
#6 Train hard and HEAVY...build some muscle....and then she will lose the fat:D

yup, what new said... i'll also add a bit more...

a mrp in the morning would be a great idea if she doesn't like to eat early... you need calories in the morning to get the body going again after your night of 'fasting'

just to help you out a little since i'm feeling helpful at the moment, i've posted my diet recently on the pics of our members page.. (it's kinda hard to find there... so here's the link

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=41081

)

its not a gold standard of diets, i eat A LOT of food, but that may be helpful for her to see that you can still eat a lot of food and maintain a great figure (okay shameless self promotion there... it's not GREAT.. but its okay! :) )

she'd probably fare okay on my diet, maybe cut a meal or something if its too much for her... (not sure if my stats are there, but i'm 5'3'', 115 (i think, i'm 117 now, aiming for 120, but those pics were a couple weeks ago) 16%bf ish... and on an anavar cycle (which i would NOT recommend for your sister at this time.))

get her on the boards to check us out... she'll do fine and learn lots... we'll go easy on her... promise :)

bpd...yes, breakfast is soooo important to 'break' the 'fast' from overnite slow down of metabolic functions... got to get that body engine up & running again!
It's good of you to want to help her... she will gain a lot of info & encouragement from being here herself too :)

Thank you ladies, I will get her on the boards. I know there is lots of good information on here and I have learned so much. I'll see if she wants to get some protein shakes to drink in the morning, and maybe after workouts too. I am trying to help her as much as I can and the cardio is probably the best thing she could do along with a good diet. Well any more tips would be appreciated and I'll be sure to get her an account real soon so I'll keep you posted.

BTW you look really good Phemomena, where in Canada are you from?

eeek, i mean thanks... i'm in Toronto... grew up in Hamilton... but i survived that and moved onto bigger and better places... you?

Cardio is NOT the best thing she should do....WEIGHT TRAINING IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new@gettinbig said:
Cardio is NOT the best thing she should do....WEIGHT TRAINING IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think personally, she should add one day of each to her routine (well if she's doing 2, up it to 4, if she's doing 3, up it to 4).... both will be benefial to her now... she shouldn't cut out the cardio, she'll get great results at this point lifting (weights that challenge her, not those pink dbs :) )2 (or even 3) times a week along with 2 (or even 3) days of cardio...

(not expecting her to go 6 times a week right off the bat, but maybe she can work her way up to doing both in each session... )

g/l

Well she only goes 2 or 3 days a week but she does 60 mins cardio 1 day and 30 mins cardio plus weights the next day.. it is a 30 min drive to the gym and she doesn't have her liscence for another week so that is why she can only go 2 or 3 days a week.

Top Bottom