Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting the boobs done!!!

covergrl80

In a few weeks I have a consultation to have my breasts done. I have thought about this for some time and finally I have to do it. I had my daughter 9 years ago and before her I have wonderful boobs and now there just deflated and gross to me!

I was wondering if any ladies can give me some feedback from you own experience, such as recovery and which method you chose when having them done. (Under, belly button, underarm, nipple)

Well, based on some of the more recent experiences, my stuff is like ancient technology... ugh. Circa 2000. How like, so pre-internet boom. So Clinton-era.

LOL! Anyway - sometimes the "method" will depend on the doc - they seem to have "their" favorite method. Mine were "unders" done thru the aereola. Ended up w/ 425 & 475 cc saline round smooth or something (Frankly have no idea anymore... but I like em.) Sounds like the recovery time is significantly reduced these days. But generally "unders" are still invasive in that they cut into the pec muscle to create the pocket for the implant. To allow them to settle and heal the doc will generally tell you to not raise your arms above shoulder level for a few weeks at least. This meant moving lots of the stuff I used on a daily basis down to counter level (e.g. dishes, stuff in the cupboard, etc.) Frozen peas will be your best friend for a few days at least. (Frozen peas make a great ice pack to help w/ the initial swelling...)

Its one of the best things I ever did for myself - never had kids, but never had great boobs to start with. I waited until I was 35. Technology is even better these days and silicon is available again. Healing is much faster but still listen to your doc.

Good luck & congrats!

I got mine done on 4/17 & I love love love them already. I got Inamed 365cc saline moderate profile over the muscle (=to 438 under the muscle) and I have crease incision. My incisions are already almost invisible, and my breasts have been perfect since day 3! Overs are less of a recovery, and they don't take as long to settle or drop & fluff as some call it. I had 0 tissue to begin with, and they look wonderful!

A lot of plastic surgeons won't do overs unless you have some tissue, but mine did he just warned me of the higher chance of rippling. BUt, he overfilled to help prevent that. I went on 4 consults and every PS told me that if I go below the muscle the rule of thumb is no more chest workouts.. so under was a no go for me.

I have researched for years, and I belong to a great forum dedicated ALL to breast implants. So, if you have any questions feel free to ask. A good place to chk out pics is implantinfo.com. You can search placement, profile, height, weight, and get before/fter pics of hundreds of women. I would take pics to your PS to show him what you want to look like. GOOD LUCK!!

SwEEtLiKEcAndY said:
I got mine done on 4/17 & I love love love them already. I got Inamed 365cc saline moderate profile over the muscle (=to 438 under the muscle) and I have crease incision. My incisions are already almost invisible, and my breasts have been perfect since day 3! Overs are less of a recovery, and they don't take as long to settle or drop & fluff as some call it. I had 0 tissue to begin with, and they look wonderful!

A lot of plastic surgeons won't do overs unless you have some tissue, but mine did he just warned me of the higher chance of rippling. BUt, he overfilled to help prevent that. I went on 4 consults and every PS told me that if I go below the muscle the rule of thumb is no more chest workouts.. so under was a no go for me.

I have researched for years, and I belong to a great forum dedicated ALL to breast implants. So, if you have any questions feel free to ask. A good place to chk out pics is implantinfo.com. You can search placement, profile, height, weight, and get before/fter pics of hundreds of women. I would take pics to your PS to show him what you want to look like. GOOD LUCK!!

thanks so much for the info. If I do get them done it will be after summer. This was next summer they will be goo to go.

I am only 4'11 and 98lbs, so I am not sure if I want to go bigger then a full (what I was before baby)

you can send the pic. but tell me your weight and height.

Good luck hun...I am also getting mine done and also waiting till the end of the summer to do it. I can't limit my activities during the summer so its best to wait till it cools off and the pools are off limits. ;)

feisty11975 said:
Good luck hun...I am also getting mine done and also waiting till the end of the summer to do it. I can't limit my activities during the summer so its best to wait till it cools off and the pools are off limits. ;)

I am a little worried about it. I just don't want to have to replace them in 10 years! those suckers better hold out.

covergrl80 said:
I am a little worried about it. I just don't want to have to replace them in 10 years! those suckers better hold out.

just be very gentle with them. hahaha I think they are warrantied for 10 years but most last a hell of a lot longer than that.

Sorry, I am 5ft 92lbs-post op. I was closer to 90 pre-op. Also, the warrany for Inamed is 10 years, but ONLY covers rupture. Which is the least likely complication anyone has. There are demos of mac truck running an implant over, they don't break. They are VERY durable. If they do rupture it's usually a faulty fill valve. The more common problems are capsular contracture- too much scar tissue makes them hard and sometimes distorted. There are different levels of this. Try www.justbreastimplants.com they have an extensive list of complications and the rate of their occurance. Most are VERY infrequent. BTW- with over the muscle I was only restricted for like 4 days. I resumed ALL normal activities within a week. Even carrying my little one & working out at the gym.

I got mine done back in 94. I went under the nipple to reduce scarring and wish that I had not done it there. It ruined my nipple sensitivity. I can still feel but it isn't nearly as pleasurable anymore. Also, if I had it to do over, i would go under the muscle instead of over. Over the muscle feels fake.

So, try to go under the muscle and through the belly button, if you can. Tell the doc you want them to sit close together too.

Top Bottom