Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting Mentally Tough when Feeling Weak

curvymommy

Cuddle Club
Platinum
Ok ladies...here I sit with leaner hips, light between my thighs, meaty new traps and all that and dang, I feel kinda weak!

What do you guys do about your monthly cycle and that feeling of weakness and lack of energy?

I'm trying to mentally power through it and drink lots of water. So, I'm crampy, grumpy, emo, weak and bloating and I'm off to kick ass at the gym! LOL! Wish me luck.

How do you deal with this? I know it'll pass. Actually, it's passing now, heheh

I don't have to deal with "monthly weakness" unfortunately for me it centers around my digestive issues. Kinda hard to feel strong when you've made ten trips to the potty and it's like noon. What do I do? I think about what Sir Winston Churchill said about hell (he was a GREAT drunk! LOL) He said, "What do you do when you are going through hell? YOU KEEP GOING!"

curvymommy said:
Ok ladies...here I sit with leaner hips, light between my thighs, meaty new traps and all that and dang, I feel kinda weak!

What do you guys do about your monthly cycle and that feeling of weakness and lack of energy?

I'm trying to mentally power through it and drink lots of water. So, I'm crampy, grumpy, emo, weak and bloating and I'm off to kick ass at the gym! LOL! Wish me luck.

How do you deal with this? I know it'll pass. Actually, it's passing now, heheh
IMO, it's a Nike thing (as in, just do it) BUT with this caveat: I think if you feel weaker you should listen to your body and be willing to reduce your normal poundages, or reduce the sets/reps or any combination of those three.

It's a medical fact that a woman's joints are "looser" right around her menstrual cycle. It's caused by the same hormone that allows our pelvis to spread during labor. And it's a fact that female college athletes suffer a substantially higher number of their injuries around their menstrual cycle than any other time of the month. Your perception of being weaker may be quite real, so don't sit there and say OH NO I CAN'T BE! and push something you're not really up for. The fact is, uh, yeah, you could be.

You will feel better if you go and at least get some sort of a workout in, though, even if it's some easy cardio. But I think it's perfectly acceptable, and perhaps preferable, to do a less strenuous workout when you don't feel up to snuff.

You ladies are so kind to respond to my question. Today is a new day and I feel so much better.

Before when I never worked out I had become so accustomed to feeling like poo all the time, no matter what time of month. Now, I feel freaking awesome most of the time so when I'm not at 100% I can tell.

Walking and light cardio usually have me not feel so yuck with cramps.

If I am really tired, I sleep more and give the training a break for a day or two.

I know this will sound silly but when I feel my "yuckiest" (yes, very technical terms here) I find that sex actually helps me feel better.

Thaks Tat and Bikinimom. Funny you said that. Tat, I took a walk with my kiddos yesterday instead of hitting it hard in the gym. Did great things for me mentally.

Bikinimom, I'm sure DH will be glad to hear of your rememdy. I know it's true though I just forget about it sometimes. :qt:

Anyhoo, I was back at it today (upperbody workout) and feel awesome now!

Good for you CM! Sometimes if you feel THAT BAD then it's better to take off for the day and just do something active with your family or yourself - gardening/clean out the garage or GO SHOPPING!!!! :) hehehehheee

Top Bottom