Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

German Volume Training for Tons of Muscle Growth ?

Jrpowerlifter

Disregarding nutrition and supplementation, can German Volume Training help me build more muscle and increase muscle size ? What is a good GVT program to follow ? Adapting this with some other exercises with lower reps and heavier weight can I get a good combination of size and strength ? Exp. Flat Bench 10x5 and Incline Bench 10x10. This being an example, but adapting this could I get a good combination of muscle size and muscle strength ?

Disregarding nutrition and supplementation, can German Volume Training help me build more muscle and increase muscle size ? What is a good GVT program to follow ? Adapting this with some other exercises with lower reps and heavier weight can I get a good combination of size and strength ? Exp. Flat Bench 10x5 and Incline Bench 10x10. This being an example, but adapting this could I get a good combination of muscle size and muscle strength ?

Unless you're very advanced I recommend trying it with one exercise per body part. For instance, 10x10 db or barbell bench press.

One thing I've done in the past is to make a basic routine combining 10 sets of bench and 10 sets of pullups/chins. I'd alternate which one I'd do first or I'd alternate between chins and benches and I'd use several different grips on the chins. That's a good upper body workout in its own right for all but the very advanced. But depending on how I felt I would add accessory work. When I did my first priority was traps to help me with dead lifts, my second was shoulders, and my third priority was tris and bis. I might only get to traps or I might do all 3, just depended but I looked at that as something to throw in because I wasn't ready to leave, not something that would make a huge difference.

The positive from GVT for the average gymgoer is as much the fact that you can just concentrate on a couple of exercises, do them hard and with little rest, as it is anything else. I know elite athletes have used it to put on mass, but for the average recreational bodybuilder it's primarily a simple (in terms of design), sarcoplasmic hypertrophy workout.

A big benefit for me is that I sometimes do only 2 or 3 "all out" sets on an exercise and leave the exercise feeling like I didn't give it my all. That sort of volume training with one exercise and relatively short rest tends to make sure several of the sets are to failure. It's hard to not be giving your all at many points. You'd have to try it to understand what I mean.

Just try doing 10x10, flat bench db or barbell bench and make sure you're working your back just as hard. Keep the rest periods short and consistent.

Top Bottom