Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gear & frequency

How many times do you work each muscle while on??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBEXT81

Marvelous Marvel
Platinum
Hello All,

I was curious to see hwo many times do u train a body part a week while on cycle???

The reason i ask is because of this article...., well that and just curious about what y'all do

testosterone Accelerates Muscle Recuperation

I have heard it a thousand times and more than likely, I will hear it many more times: "When I am running a stack, I am amazed at how fast I recover from training!" Physiological influences of testosterone have been studied, and testosterone use has been found to induce increases in Protein synthesis in skeletal muscle1,2 and biochemical changes in the central nervous system.
Another interesting fact about steroids is that they induce cellular and/or tissue adaptations during skeletal muscle hypertrophy. Steroids such as testosterone demonstrate a unique effect on muscle tissue, which may enhance recuperation. For example, the 'cell membrane-stabilizing effect' of testosterone is thought to diminish the rise in serum creatine kinase (CK) flux caused by muscle damage during intense resistance exercise.3,4 Creatine kinase is often used as a marker of muscle damage after intense resistance exercise. It has often been reported that high levels of CK are implicated in decreased force production when there is severe muscle soreness/muscle damage. In fact, administration of testosterone diminishes serum CK rise following exhaustive weightlifting-induced muscle damage, suggesting testosterone has a protective effect on muscle.

Researchers from Japan wanted to find out if using testosterone truly accelerates muscle recuperation, as commented by so many bodybuilders and weightlifters. Rats were placed on tension or muscle overload, and one group received nothing and the other group received a good old dose of nandrolone decanoate for 10 weeks. At the end of the study, the rat's legs were examined for changes in the cell structure after muscle overload and steroids. The rats using testosterone had lower markers of muscle damage, otherwise supporting the theory that steroids enhance muscle recuperation. Nevertheless, significantly lower levels of [3H] (i.e., marker of muscle damage) were observed in the testosterone group. Lower thymidine uptake indicates reduced cell proliferation— lower levels of muscle damage.

The same trend (lower uptake of [3H]thymidine) was also seen after a single bout of exhaustive weightlifting exercise, in which anabolic steroid loading apparently diminished CK leakage, suggesting that testosterone minimized CK efflux through the muscle cell membrane— possibly reflecting the cell muscle membrane-stabilizing effects of testosterone.5 In conclusion, testosterone really does accelerate muscle cell recuperation and can lead to a speedier workout recovery. It may be advantageous to train muscle groups twice a week when on 'gear,' as muscle will have a speedier recovery time. Additionally, when you're 'off' you will have to work muscle less frequently to allow a greater recuperation time.

References:
1. Griggs RC, Kingston W, Jozefowicz RF, Herr BE, Forbes G, Halliday D (1989) Efect of testosterone on muscle mass and muscle Protein synthesis. J Appl Physiol, 66:498-503.
2. Tamaki T, Uchiyama S, Uchiyama Y, Akatsuka A, Roy RR, Edgerton VR (2001) Anabolic steroids increase exercise tolerance. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, 280:E973-E981.
3. Spath JA, Lefer A (1975) EVects of dexamethasone on myocardial cells in the early phase of acute myocardial infarction. Am Heart J, 90:50-55.
4. Spath JJ, Lane D, Lefer A (1974) Protective action of methylprednisolone on the myocardium during experimental myocardial ischemia in the cat. Circ Res, 35:44-51.
5. Tamaki T, Uchiyama Y, Okada Y, Tono K, Nitta M, Hoshi A, Akatsuka A.
Anabolic-androgenic steroid does not enhance compensatory muscle hypertrophy but significantly diminish muscle damages in the rat surgical ablation model. Histochem Cell Biol, 2009 Jul;132(1):71-81.

23 views and no votes....

The poll is too vague. How many times do I work out a body part? Per day, per week?

I do the same workout while on and off. I can increase the intensity while on though. I will do more negatives, supersets of 50-100 reps on some days, partial moves, all kinds of crazy stuff to push myself the extra mile. You can overtrain while on gear but you really have to push yourself to overtrain.

How is the question vague???? Do u train chest "ie: body part" while on gear 1, 2, 3.....

I train like I am ON all year. No sense in going to the gym if you mind set is to "take it easy since your not ON"

I train like I am ON all year. No sense in going to the gym if you mind set is to "take it easy since your not ON"

150% dead on; all out/all the time

~EZ

right now, precontest 5+ wks out im training each bodypart once a wk. thats honestly all i can muster right now. also was hitting 16-20sets per muscle but am now down to 10-13 sets per muscle. with no carbs in body and me dieting this hardcore, its an emotional rollercoaster and is prob the most difficult thing ive ever done in my life, so to still be able to hit 10-13 sets and not have dropped down too much in poundage i think is impressive for myself.

Top Bottom