Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining Lean Body Muscle while losing fat... mass

I think it is possible to put on lean muscle mass while maintaining or losing body fat, well if you maintain the some amount of body fat while gaining then your you BF% will of course drop seeing as it is a percentage of your overall weight.

I personally have managed to gain muscle mass while retaining the same amount of bodyfat. I feel loosing and gaining at the same time while technically possible does not work out to be the most efficient way of bodybuilding. Getting the balance right is just too damn difficult so the majority of people me included use the scatter-gun approach and make sure our bodys have more than calories enough to grow and when cutting reducing well under our BMR to speed up the fat loss.

Seeing as most people are only on a cycle for 8-10 weeks we don't want to getting envoled with trail and error with or diet to get the optimum balance and waste valuable growing time.

My opinion

Starski

It is possible. My last cycle I gained 13lbs, while losing 6% bf. That is a 23lbs lean mass gain. I lost fat while gaining muscle. Why is everyone so black and white on this subject? Everyone is trying to be so scientific, it funny. Every cuttinig cycle achieves this goal. You lose fat while gaining new muscle. Why is everyone so blind to the fact?

If you gain weight and lower your body fat %, then you are gaining new muscle while losing fat. Its that simple!

Well put Lawnsaver. If you have a good diet I think it is very possable to gain a little muscle mass while decresing body fat. I hope to do that on my cycle starting Very soon.

M18

M18

You arn't loosing fat while gaining weight. You % will change because it's a ratio a fat mass to lean body mass. If lean body mass goes up the ratio is altered and the percentage of body weight that is fat is now less representative of total body weight. BF% can go down without actually loosing body fat. The more LBM you have the less percentage your body weight is derived from fat mass. This fools too many people and they preach you can loose fat while all out bulking. You can drop BF%, however you don't actually drop body fat. It's like spreading a pond over the surface area of a lake...The water will get shallower with the expanded surface area EVEN though the actual amount of water is unchanged.

I totally disagree. I lost an inch on my waist. Why? because I lost fat in that area. Did it go somewhere else on my body? No, I lost it. I gained muscle while losing fat. Why is it that people cant understand this?

My abs started showing, muscle were more defined. These are signs of fat loss. At the same time I gained weight.

Again, I lost fat while gaining muscle.

Let's get things straight. Using anabolics it is possible to do both and I don't think people will argue that fact. However doing it naturally is a different story. Bodyfat % is also subjective when figuring out true LBM. Take your bodyfat % then figure out your LBM. Now drink a gallon of water and redo the the bodyfat measurements and LBM calculation. Guess what, you just gained 5lbs of LBM. This is so insanely easy to understand yet most people love to believe that all LBM is muscle. This is why creatine gives people false hopes. Yes it makes you stronger however that weight is temporary(that new strength can help build new muscle mass no doubt). You WILL lose some water weight when stopping creatine though skin folds will probably remain the same so your effective LBM measurement will drop. So saying you lost 5 lbs of muscle when stopping creatine would be stupid. In fact your muscles mass is the same as when you were on creatine, just the amount of water stored in them is lower.

Remember that fact kiddies. This is why the people that get so excited when they gain 10 lbs the first week of a D-bol cycle look so stupid. 8lbs of it is water yet they act as if magic has happened.

The Bionic Man said:
Originally posted by lawnsaver : My last cycle I gained 13lbs, while losing 6% bf. That is a 23lbs lean mass gain.

Care to share that cycle with us?

500mg of aratest for 10 weeks, with 200mg each of eq and deca for 10 weeks. At week 5 I added t3 at 50mcg ed with cardio. It wasnt that tough

Top Bottom