Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FUCK! strained pec

Distortion

God damnit, about a week ago i strained my pec benching. It felt kinda like my muscle was ripping but it didnt' tear. I believe its a ligament between my pec and my shoulder. Anyways I took like 3 days off the first time and tried to bench and made it way worse. I've iced and taken anti-inflamitories for about a week but its still not up to par. It still hurts for certain movments and i can't really bench. Are there any supps i should be taking to help the recovery? Also should i just leave it alone completly or should i do light reps on the bench?

That sucks bro .. I would get yourself checked out to make sure there is no serious damage. Other than that, some rest and a week off may heal you up. Be careful bro

go get it checked out make sure its nothing serious. than take some time off, no bench. let your shit heal before you go at it again

I did the same thing about 5-6 months ago.

Since it's been about a week, start alternating ice and heat. Nothing you can really do besides that, other than be patient and wait it out. In another week or so, if it feels okay, you can start using EXTREMELY light weights and do some benching. Like, if you normally are benching like 225 for reps, drop it down to like 75-95.

Go to a good sports doc and get it checked out to make sure it's nothing worse.

Be careful bro. Hope all heals up well.

I had the same thing happen to me... went to my doc and he prescribed anti-inflammatory meds, but said it was only to dull the pain and that would heal itself between 6 to 8 weeks. He told me to lay off altogether for the first 4 weeks and go real light afterwards.

Let it rest and heal like everyone else said...

I am going to go out on a limb here and say STOP FLAT BENCHING...I have seen 2 people tear pecs in real life and they were both on flat bench, using what is considered "good form"....and I've seen the countless aftermath of other pec tears....the stories always begin " I was doing flat bench...and"

My apologies if you are a PLer....

Deathbydefault said:
so you would suggest a incline or decline instead of flat bench? isn't some type of bench essential?

Yup...decline or incline....close grip bench press or reverse grip press on the flat bench is fine if done with correct form.....

When is the last time you heard of someone tearing a pec on decline or incline?....rarely if ever happens..though I have heard\seen people fail on decline without a spotter :rolleyes:

Also..let's not forget dips...a great chest builder and no spotter needed

Top Bottom