Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Found out the Hard way, You need REST especially when you get older

Jazzy1170

Hi guys,Well I posted last week that I went on the patch. I'm 51 and have been on the patch for 1 week now taking 5gms a day. I'm disabiled and can only work the upper body. I was excersing Monday, Wensday, & Friday, with the weekend off. Now I'm taking more resting time off. It has been 7 days since my last work out and 13 days since I did my tr"s with dumb bells. Today I went for my tr's and went up 10lbs in weight. 13 days ago I could hardly do 6 reps with 30lbs. Well I did 40lbs with 14 rips and that was my 4th set. I don't think the patch had much to do with it. I did cut out beer drinking too. I had 3 beers last Sunday, and none since. I really think it was the rest I needed to make such a gain. WOW !!!!! Thanks, Jazzy

Well brother, my hat's off to you for hittin the weights with a handicap, and being an old fella and all (i'm older than you though). You are exactly right.....rest and recovery is particularly important to the older weight trainer.
I have spent a lifetime in the gym, and used massive amounts of gear, but along about 45, I noticed a diminishing return on the long workouts I had always employed.
Now, instead of 2 hours grinding out sets and reps, I'm in and out in 30 to 40 min. One body part a day, heavy and to failure for 8 to ten sets, 8 reps or less, and I have never been bigger, stronger, or felt better. I take 2 days off a week and a week off every 2 months.
Hey, good luck to you, and keep fighting!

I'm with you and Ironmaster will be 51 in September, like losts of rest, short intense work outs and afternoon naps.

Congratulations for being in the gym with a disability, love you attitude.

Thanks guys

I've been working out at home. I did bi's today too. I don't know why, but my bi's are really lagging. The nside of my elboes get pretty sore. The only thing I know what to do is to keep lifting and forget about the pain. I think I'm try some bengay and see if that helps. I also ordered some Yohimbine & Gelled alachol and mix that together and rub on my bellie and see if that helps with my big gut. I'm going to stick with the weights this time instead of being a quiter. I know this will take time to gain mass for my age, but it beats sitting and collecting DUST all day. lol
Jazzy

Top Bottom