Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

? for those who preach for teenagers not to start steroids till older

Nelson Montana said:

That's the wrong answer. An 18 year old kid will read this and think , 'Well, that's not me.' And that'll be his reason to start juicing.

It has nothing to do with maturity. As Juice said, it's about developing fully. Gear will only hinder that. Everybody fills out between 19 and 23 naturally.

No offense Nelson, but that is ONE of the right answers. Granted a teenager probably won't respond well to that answer, but that does not make it wrong. I started AS when I was 20 and I was too young. My body was not done filling out on its own and I was a hot-headed kid who had no business taking AS. I didn't even hit my growth spurt until I was 17 years old and I probably wasn't completely finished growing when I hit 20. I was one of those idiots that gave AS a bad name because I thought I was 10 feet tall and bullett-proof. Some teens are probably physically and mentally mature enough to handle AS, but the majority are not even close in my opinion.

OKIE said:

No offense Nelson, but that is ONE of the right answers. Granted a teenager probably won't respond well to that answer, but that does not make it wrong. I started AS when I was 20 and I was too young. My body was not done filling out on its own and I was a hot-headed kid who had no business taking AS. I didn't even hit my growth spurt until I was 17 years old and I probably wasn't completely finished growing when I hit 20. I was one of those idiots that gave AS a bad name because I thought I was 10 feet tall and bullett-proof. Some teens are probably physically and mentally mature enough to handle AS, but the majority are not even close in my opinion.

...and I have yet to meet and 18yo that wasn't immortal and safe from all the risks that come along with life much less gear. Shit when I was 18, I was well aware that one day my feeling of immortality would end. On some intellectual level I was aware of the hypocrisy my own naivete yet I still charged forward with reckless abandon ‘cause my gut instinct was that I was safe from all the rules. It IS a big part of the answer, just not part that you can share with an 18yo.

OKIE said:

It's the wrong answer in regard to acheiving the desired result. It's a threat -- a confrontation. And as a parent I can tell you, that course of action never works. It only encites the opposite reaction in an effort to prove you wrong. You have to explain to a kid why something is bad for them -- not tell them "NO", simply because they're too immature.

110% said:
however if one has a good base, and at 19 years old i always see posts saying "dont do steroids yet, you're already on them with how your hormones are." since the human body averages only around 2-8 mg of test production a day (from the research i have seen) how do you guys figure this statement is true, i mean if you try to say doing 250 mg of test a week isnt gonna give me an advantage b/c im supposably already in such an anabolic state i dont believe that
That ain't it. Sure, a 19 year old pumping out hormones like mad can put even more steroids in the system and realize some advantage in regard to muscle growth and adaptation.

The problem (aside from maturity/behavior issues), however, is that by pumping those exogenous hormones into his sytem the 19 year old is going to potentialy short circut his endocrine sytem development.

Now, honestly, there is no magic number here. Some 19 year olds are as physiologically "ready" for gear as a 25 year old. For a real assesment (in regard to physiology) thing like the Tanner Stages of Development need to be taken into consideration.

The problem (aside from maturity/behavior issues), however, is that by pumping those exogenous hormones into his sytem the 19 year old is going to potentialy short circut his endocrine sytem development.
Yeah, nothing like HRT at 25.

Steroids WILL, not may, WILL stunt your growth. They close the epiphysial plates in your bones and stop all possibility of attaining a greater height. Further more using steroids during puberty, when you are dealing with an already very unstable endocrine system can have severe consequences in the long run : Erectile dysfunction (impotence), loss of libido and even infertility ! I assume most men in their late teens and twenties hope to have children some day and lead a long and fulfilling sex life, so steroids before the age of 21 = NO

the_jarhead said:
Steroids WILL, not may, WILL stunt your growth.

Nope, you're wrong here. I can name countless anecdotal evidence where nothing was stunted.

My friend was given steroids at the age of 15 by his tennis coach, and was continuously put on cycles till 19-20 or so. He grew to be 6'4 ...

-sk

sk* said:

Nope, you're wrong here. I can name countless anecdotal evidence where nothing was stunted.

My friend was given steroids at the age of 15 by his tennis coach, and was continuously put on cycles till 19-20 or so. He grew to be 6'4 ...

-sk

Aren't you 6'4" ?

ok im just gonna give you a scenerio, I was young and found out my groth plates where fully fused (no more room for growth) what should have stopped me at that point from taking aas??i ended up not taking em but that was for other reasons, but what should have stopped me then?I pretty much peaked out, ket changing my workout increasing calories and protiens, but nothing?? just wondering, cause i was in the same boat once
peace

Top Bottom