Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Food quality rankings

wynterskye

Was wondering if someone out there would be able to rank in approximate order the best foods in veggies and proteins.

I was curious because today i had a piece of chicken breast for lunch, with a piece of lamb, and about a cup of peas.

i mostly eat chicken breast, white fish, and once a week a steak for meats. veggies are usually mixed beans, corn, carrots, and peas. broccoli and cauliflower, asparagus.. i guess thats mostly it. carbs i have just been eating sweet potatoes and i bought a giant bag of brown rice... giant lol

Thanks

Wynter

does it matter how they ar cooked Alin? like I understand fried in oil might not be the best, but are hard boiled just as good as say poached? I just started IF diet so I dont eat in the morning, but hardboiled would be easy to take with me. I read 'so you want to lose fat and gain muscle' by RADAR and there are definitely a lot of benefits to whole eggs!

what other meats are good other than chicken breast and white fish. I can see it getting boring quickly? like is lamb decent? or I can get ground bison and turkey?

and I was curious also if the veggies I eat are good ones, or are some not really that great. I was reading corn is pretty starchy so I could probably scratch that from my diet. with all the good and bad info out there it can get confusing sometimes as to what really is good and bad

does it matter how they ar cooked Alin? like I understand fried in oil might not be the best, but are hard boiled just as good as say poached? I just started IF diet so I dont eat in the morning, but hardboiled would be easy to take with me. I read 'so you want to lose fat and gain muscle' by RADAR and there are definitely a lot of benefits to whole eggs!

Are u doin IF outlined on leangains.com? The best way ur body will utilize everything in eggs is drinking the pasteurized egg whites, as cooking them at too high temperature can kill some of the proteins

what other meats are good other than chicken breast and white fish. I can see it getting boring quickly? like is lamb decent? or I can get ground bison and turkey?

and I was curious also if the veggies I eat are good ones, or are some not really that great. I was reading corn is pretty starchy so I could probably scratch that from my diet. with all the good and bad info out there it can get confusing sometimes as to what really is good and bad

It's quite simple man, ur really over thinking this..

Protein data per 100g
Turkey- 22
Chicken-22
Beef- 24 (lamb is roughly the same)
Eggs large- 6grams

Just stick with them as ur protein source and obviously make sure u get enough.

Veggies are fibrous carbs and are 70% water so if ur taking a good multi vitamin and drinking enough water u don't need to go crazy on the veg, I only eat 1 serve of broccoli a day and sometimes green beans.

Carbs: just stick with the basics, sweet potato, white potato, pasta, brown rice.

If u have worked out ur macro nutrients for ur weight, whether ur bulking or cutting adjust ur macro intake accordingly.

yes the one at leangains.com. wouldnt only using egg whites waste the part of the egg where most of the nutrients are? how much does denaturing proteins actually effect the qaulity of the food source. would cooking meats denature it as well?

Thanks Proppar. I just wanted to try and make sure I was getting as good sources of foods as I could. I am pretty new to all this but I had posted a diet for me to follow by, and gotten help with macros and caloric intake and a general idea of whats good and not. Im working on being an engineer so I tend to analyze and over think things. I am making good gains and losses of fat, so I guess I will just keep plugging away.

Thanks Proppar. I just wanted to try and make sure I was getting as good sources of foods as I could. I am pretty new to all this but I had posted a diet for me to follow by, and gotten help with macros and caloric intake and a general idea of whats good and not. Im working on being an engineer so I tend to analyze and over think things. I am making good gains and losses of fat, so I guess I will just keep plugging away.

Yeh man no worries, I know that feel bro over analyzing stuff I use to do it a lot, but after doin it a while u see how simple it can be. Just curious, wats ur stats? Height, bodyfat, weight etc.?

yes the one at leangains.com. wouldnt only using egg whites waste the part of the egg where most of the nutrients are? how much does denaturing proteins actually effect the qaulity of the food source. would cooking meats denature it as well?

In 1 bag of pasteurized egg whites in Australia there are 40egg whites broken into 4 serves at about $4 a bag, yolks won't really make much of a difference to be honest bro if ur really worried about it just have 2 poached eggs on toast each day: remember ur not wasting any part of the egg because u are only paying for the white anyway. Yes cooking does kill some proteins depending on heat, just make sure the pan isn't scolding hot wen u cook ur meat. But as I said before its a very small amount of difference u would hardly notice, I tend to simmer all my meat cook it inside out cause that way it doesn't get dry.

Top Bottom