Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Florida trying to bring back motorcycle helmet law

Why would you want to do that? Seriously? Because you look cool without one? I mean, step over to www.rotten.com and explain why you think you should be able to ride without one, when you're not the one that's going to have to shovel your brains off the concrete, and then tell her family that you're dead.

My buddy crashed on a crotchrocket... minus his helment, you know, the thing that was cracked in half... he'd a been dead.

People that are stupid enough to think they shouldn't wear one... just like a 3 year old child, they need someone to tell them they can and can't do.

Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Why? If not, why not?
--

Damn, I assumed they had that law already.
That's just crazy, not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle.

Crazier said:
Why would you want to do that? Seriously? Because you look cool without one? I mean, step over to www.rotten.com and explain why you think you should be able to ride without one, when you're not the one that's going to have to shovel your brains off the concrete, and then tell her family that you're dead.

My buddy crashed on a crotchrocket... minus his helment, you know, the thing that was cracked in half... he'd a been dead.

People that are stupid enough to think they shouldn't wear one... just like a 3 year old child, they need someone to tell them they can and can't do.

Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Why? If not, why not?
--

I wear a seat belt because it is the law, wearing helemts is not a law in Florida. If they pass it then of course I will wear it. It's a choice we have and my choice is not to wear one. I had a buddy that got into a crash at a low rate of speed and he died because the back of his full face helmet snap the back of his neck. It's just one of those things, when your number is up, your number is up, does not matter if you have a helmet on or not.

First of all, your buddy would of had to of hit pretty hard for his helmet to do that to him, which would mean it wasn't neccessarily the helmet that killed him......2ndly, I think it's been proven that more times then not it is safer to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

I think helmet & seatbelt laws are stupid. If you don't want to wear either, fine....that should be your choice. But if end up paralysed, you shouldn't be able to sue anyone or collect government assistance.

He was not going fast at all, Police said it was just a freak thing, he only slid about 10' then went into the grass, not much damage on the bike or him, just like I said, his number must have been up. There are all kinds of test that are done to show that helmets can help you and there are also alot of tests done showing how much extra weight is put on your neck during a crash. Some test show that if a person did not have a helmet on during a crash they should have been able to hold their head up. This is one of those things that will always keep people going back and forth about what is safe and what is not, I do not ride with one but my wife does, she knows it's my right not to wear one and respects it. We both think you have a time and place.

Top Bottom