Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Workout in 13 years!

QiangDa

Banned
Was into powerlifting years back....until my motorcycle accident. I healed up allright, but life got busy (finishing university, get married, all that stuff), so I never got back to the gym. If I'm totally honest with myself, the time was there, I just got lazy I guess. Anyways...13 years of having the thought in the back of my head that I need to get back to the gym...(and reading EF forums for the past month) I finally decided to just f'ing do it.
I feel so good now..I can't believe I waited this long.
I may have pushed myself a bit more than I should have, I guess I'll see tomorrow.
But I was pleasantly surprised to find I could still bench 225 for 4 easy reps.
My squat and deadlift however have a long way to come to get back to what they once were.
I am really looking forward to some great early progress from the muscle memory effect....and to speed that along, I'll be trying out some Katanadrol from needto. I know, I should probably wait a bit...but I'm impatient.
I'll try to post a bit of a training log, and see if I can track some of this muscle memory effect that I am so looking forward to.
Oh and for reference, back in the day, my best lifts were 385 bench, 605 squat, 495 DL

Thanks, Now I feel like a woman. I haven't touched a weight since High School (i'm 36) and just started lifting a few weeks ago. I am steady gaining strength but my workout tonight, not counting warm up sets was with.....
Squat 145x5
Bench 150x5
DL 185x1
:rolleyes:

Hey thats cool, I'm 36 also. Keep plugging away, and you'll see some great progress. Fast results after a long layoff are a lot of fun.

Damn! muscle memory is fun! Squats up more than 50 pounds in 13 days!

I love this too!! I'm just getting back to the gym after 4 yrs out of the military and going out and getting married and all the other fun stuff.. But I was worried my muscles would have amnesia but to my amazement of doin squats every other day M/W/F I've put 50lbs on my squat in 2 weeks as well.. Whoooop!!

I love this too!! I'm just getting back to the gym after 4 yrs out of the military and going out and getting married and all the other fun stuff.. But I was worried my muscles would have amnesia but to my amazement of doin squats every other day M/W/F I've put 50lbs on my squat in 2 weeks as well.. Whoooop!!

Cool, thats what I'm doing too...a slightly modified version of 5x5, squats every M/W/F.
Its been almost 4 weeks now, and squats up over 100 lbs.
You doing 5x5 Arikara?

Cool, thats what I'm doing too...a slightly modified version of 5x5, squats every M/W/F.
Its been almost 4 weeks now, and squats up over 100 lbs.
You doing 5x5 Arikara?

Yeah dude, I'm doing a version of it I guess, Can't really call it 5x5 cause I've modded it like I'm not suppose to do but I do it for most of my bigger essential lifts.. Really looking forward to my gains.. Glad someone else is on the same page as I am..

Was into powerlifting years back....until my motorcycle accident. I healed up allright, but life got busy (finishing university, get married, all that stuff), so I never got back to the gym. If I'm totally honest with myself, the time was there, I just got lazy I guess. Anyways...13 years of having the thought in the back of my head that I need to get back to the gym...(and reading EF forums for the past month) I finally decided to just f'ing do it.
I feel so good now..I can't believe I waited this long.
I may have pushed myself a bit more than I should have, I guess I'll see tomorrow.
But I was pleasantly surprised to find I could still bench 225 for 4 easy reps.
My squat and deadlift however have a long way to come to get back to what they once were.
I am really looking forward to some great early progress from the muscle memory effect....and to speed that along, I'll be trying out some Katanadrol from needto. I know, I should probably wait a bit...but I'm impatient.
I'll try to post a bit of a training log, and see if I can track some of this muscle memory effect that I am so looking forward to.
Oh and for reference, back in the day, my best lifts were 385 bench, 605 squat, 495 DL

Bro welcome the hell back to the game man. Great to have you and thank you for coming to elite to get back in the game. I speak for everyone we are happy as hell to have you hear today.

Kill that shit and get into it. Its always hard getting back into things but in a few months it will be like second nature to you again. Welcome home big man welcome home.

Bro welcome the hell back to the game man. Great to have you and thank you for coming to elite to get back in the game. I speak for everyone we are happy as hell to have you hear today.

Kill that shit and get into it. Its always hard getting back into things but in a few months it will be like second nature to you again. Welcome home big man welcome home.

it was a bit hard to get back into it, but the quick muscle memory gains have helped the motivation nicely. But still lifting way less than the old days is a bit discouraging if I think about it that way...so I try to just think about the crazy fast gains right now.
Thanks for the welcome and the 7 day plat! You rock needto!

Top Bottom