Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Ultrasound Was Today! :)

Daisy_Girl

Plat Hero
Platinum
YAY! :) I got a traditional ultrasound done today, I am 8w4d. We got to see the heartbeat - it is 167 bpm! It was so cool to see it, like a little flickering star.

Doctor measured baby, and it is measuring exactly right. Due date is still Jan 27th, 2006. He said everything is healthy and perfect ... thank god. He said that all is developing perfectly, baby is in right spot. I have been stressing, but he said my miscarriage rate has now dropped down to about 2%. WHEW.

Baby is about the size of a grape - very tiny! Basically, looks like a little blob. But like the doctor said, it is MY BLOB! :)

I'll post a picture later, but have to figure out how to increase the pixels in my scanner so I get a good picture. Right now, the picture is SO blurry, you can't see the baby!

Here is a picture .....
black arrow pointing at baby

1stUSsmallwarrow.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! DG!!!!

I am SO very happy for you!! Congrats again!! :rose:

AWWWWWWWWWW CUTE! (Well, you know what I mean..!)

You must just be ecstatic! My boss & his wife just had their baby this past Sunday, so we are getting the blow-by-blow from a bewildered, sleep-deprived 36 yr old man. His wife is probably in total control and he's just alternately freaked out and walkign aroudn w/ a stupid smile on his face :)

skittles said:
How are you feeling at this point?

I'm feeling okay ..... pretty tired a lot, but also having trouble sleeping at night. I am quite congested, which makes breathing really hard, lol. This child has turned me into a mucus factory, gross, I know. :(

I have nausea pretty much all day, but it is worse in the afternoon and evening. I am STARVING all day - my metabolism is in overdrive. But I can't eat anything big, or I get ridiculously bloated and feel horrible. So I graze all day, which is what the doctor said to do anyway, lol. It really sucks to be queasy AND hungry.

I have a couple food adversions - chicken mostly, the thought of it turns my stomach, and beef is so-so - I can eat it, but don't really *want* it, if that makes sense. Also, vegetables are hard to eat. I am just eating a lot of snacky foods, mostly wanting things with calcium. Probably because I have gone so many years without a lot of dairy in my diet!

Been eating a lot of cereal, yogurt w/ granola, fruit (all fruit is good right now!), mac&chz, grilled chz sandwiches, pickles, granola bars, string chz, baked potatoes (with sour cream and salsa, yum!).

I don't know how much weight I have gained, I ask them not to tell me my weight. No reason I need to know this. They will tell me if there is a problem. I know I have gained weight, so I am dreading going back to work Monday (I have been off for 4 weeks) because I am sure my work pants are tight. :rolleyes:

Time to go shopping!!

A co-worker is just over 9 weeks, and having all the same cravings (but add in a ton of french fries & lots of ketchup!)

Grazing seems to be the way to go! I now that as soon as her tummy is a bit empty, she feels nauseated.

I don’t know if there is ANY truth to this, but I read this in womens world a couple months ago…..they said that ginger root (I don’t know if they meant pill form or crystallized) helps relieve morning sickness / queasiness during pregnancy. Like I said, it could be bull crap, but if it helps at all, it may be worth a try (or at least asking your doc)

Thanks for sharing this with us, I think it is absolutely amazing how the body changes / develops when a women is pregnant.

congrats daisy.....the ultra sound pic was nice...i am glad that all is well and that you are out of the scary miscarraige stage....

Top Bottom