Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First time competing - 10 Weeks Out - Dieting Tips

LeilaniKali420

I am ten weeks out from my first figure competition. I keep a clean diet (do not consume anything that is processed other than my protein powder) - mostly plant based, some fish (no tilapia), eggs, dairy, and protein powder.

I currently do not have a diet coach - was unsure where to find a good one. So I developed a diet on my own. My macros are typically 45 protein - 40 carb - 15 fat. I am 5 foot, 115 lbs.

(9:30 am) Breakfast: smoothie (two cups of spinach or kale, one cup of fruit (varies between pears, mango, pomegranates, pineapple, and blueberries), protein powder, ginger, chia/flax seeds, water), some mornings i have oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter or goji berries and granola

(12:30) Snack: nuts 1/4 cup and occasionally cheese

(2:30) Lunch: grilled fish (rotates weekly: salmon, whitefish, shrimp), sweet potato or quinoa, fresh veggies - usually raw, Greek yogurt

(6:30) Dinner (pre workout): eggs, tuna (no sodium), veggies (raw)

(11pm) Post workout: protein shake with spinach and hemp seed blended in...followed by bed

I'm concerned about the lunch dinner gap - and feel like I might need more calories in there. I usually wind up around 1250 but I work out for about 1.5 to 2 hrs a day, 6 days a week. 30 minutes of which are cardio - the rest is lifting

I only drink water and tea, on occasion I have black coffee. Supplements include: cla, fish oil, raspberry ketones, and a multi-vitamin.

I think that I'm on track but am incredibly open to any suggestions.

thanks so much!

I'm competing for the first time in 11 weeks myself. I have a log going, so do some other ladies on here

Sending you a pm girl.

The key is to know how many calories you are consuming now and how much you need to transform yourself in the time period you have....so ballpark...how many lbs do you think you need to lose? bf to lose? etc...

Contest prep always comes down to the numbers! I'd take your meal plan and enter it into a site like fitday.com or one of those and start there. It's a royal pain when you first start it but it's essential to planning a prep. You pretty much need to know exactly what your intake is.

It's great if you can find a coach but if not, that's where I'd start. If you are comfortable enough to post pics or pm them, that would help too, in determining how much cardio/ calories to start with.

Top Bottom