Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First style you learned?

Judo Tom

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok I am assuming most of us have learned, practiced, studied or at least been exposed to multiple styles during our life.

Just curious as to what your first was and what do you think of it now.

Me.. Karate. YMCA when I was 5. I didnt like it preferred baseball... the class was huge the guy had to be making HUGE bucks..

about 10 years later I started Tang So Do and loved it and that really got me into martial arts then I got into Judo and grappling arts.

Joind the military at 16 so GFT (ground fight tecniques) and boxing were first. Then Joined a fighting gym and picked up bjj . Muay Thai became my favorite and main fighting style.

cool thread.... im actually thinking of starting some muay thai.. havent done any real striking in YEARS :(

I first started with judo, then sacked it after 4 years in favour of taekwondo and ju jitsu, I wanted to do some striking but felt I should keep up some grappling but soon dropped ju jitsu for boxing. I just prefer striking… now I'm doing savat for a change!

WHAT!!!!!! quitting JUDO!!!!!

lol j/k man gotta do what you enjoy or there is no point.

Ok I am assuming most of us have learned, practiced, studied or at least been exposed to multiple styles during our life.

Just curious as to what your first was and what do you think of it now.

Me.. Karate. YMCA when I was 5. I didnt like it preferred baseball... the class was huge the guy had to be making HUGE bucks..

about 10 years later I started Tang So Do and loved it and that really got me into martial arts then I got into Judo and grappling arts.

I started out boxing at a very young age.

Tae kwon do for like 15 years.....then karate..then thai..just for 12 months. bjj for about 3 years and boxing for 2. All that and I still cannot beat a flea down!

Yeah but fleas are tough little buggers.

Top Bottom