Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First cycle. Test for athletic performance

JohnFowler

Hi Guys,

I am looking to run my first cycle. I am a complete newbie to gear... but NOT to training. I have 5+ years of training under my belt in a high performance environment with brilliant coaches and I believe I know what I am doing.

I do a lot of power lifting, Olympic weightlifting, some hypertrophy type accessory training etc. Along with this, I also do some mountain biking and swimming,

I have unfortunately reached a plateau with regards to my strength (fast twitch muscle type stuff). I am thus looking to go onto my FIRST cycle to test out the waters, see how I react and break through the plateaus of some of my lifts. I understand that gear is not a "magical cure". My training is hard and proper, and my diet solid. In essence, I am looking to improve:

- speed
- strength
- stamina
- add 5-10 pounds of lean muscle
-Recovery

My stats:

back squat = 400 pounds
bench = 264 pounds
Deadlift = 517 pounds
Clean + jerk = 286 pounds
snatch = 231 pounds

BF = 9%
BW = 165 pounds
AGE = 25 yo

Take into consideration that my strength to weight ratio is critical. I am thus looking for dry hard gains. I don't mind packing on some lean muscle mass, but nothing bulky. I also do the odd cardio session as mentioned, and that might also play a role into choosing the correct combo. I am not looking to hit anything that will have big sides as it is my first time. This is why I was looking at Var with test.

Which of the following cycles will you guys recommend:

1) Some Test only cycle
2) Test + Anavar
3) Test + Win
4) Oral only (Var OR Win)

+ PCT (Nolvadex or Other, please advise)

I would imagine number 4 might be a no-no? Also, which test would be recommended? Take into consideration a am a rookie and that this cycle is very much just to test the waters, see some good gains and just see how I react.
I want to do everything PERFECT, please help with this.

I would recommend #2, with Anavar as a finisher so you get those dry, hard gains - sample cycle in this article. I'd use testosterone enanthate (not sure if drug testing is a concern) in your cycle. For PCT, run nolva 40/40/20/20 two weeks after your last test e. injection.

Winstrol would be cheaper but it will dry your joints. You'll think you have mild tendinitis. Don't dose your test over 500mg a week. You're endurance won't improve even though everything else would. Most athletes do low dose cycles which is comparable to "cruise" cycles for bodybuilders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom