Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FigureSkater!

velvett said:
What rink do you skate at?

Currently Syracuse University (where I'm in law school)...where at least one ice surface is always open during hours the rink is open and ice time is free for students. :) I've been doing synchro since I was a little kid though (going on 14 yrs) and competed in ice dancing too, so I've skated/trained/competed all over. You skate????

That's awesome.

The closest rink to you that I skated at is Sport-o rama in Monsey NY where I used to skate competitively - singles - later followed by some teaching and shows more towards the city.

It's so cool have another skater!

whoohoo

The nearest rink to me now is nearly 2 hours away so it's all rollerbladoing for me now.

It's fun but there's nothing like the swish crackle under your blades early in the morning.

It's fun but there's nothing like the swish crackle under your blades early in the morning.

Yeaaah...I try to tell myself that during the season when we have 5am synchro team practice in January when it's -20 below and 3 ft of snow outside and I have to get out of bed...

FigureSkater said:
Yeaaah...I try to tell myself that during the season when we have 5am synchro team practice in January when it's -20 below and 3 ft of snow outside and I have to get out of bed...

Uh yah - I don't miss getting up at 4am the least

I put together an on-ice HIIT cardio workout that I did today and totally kicked my ass. I cut a variety of fast and slow songs down to 1 minute, burned them onto a cd alternating fast/slow, and put it to forward/backward stroking each way, cross roles, power pulls and some other low MIF test stuff. It was killer--I don't think I've skated that hard since training for international competition in my hardcore skater days.

I put together all the fitness-related stuff for my synchro team, and they're going to LOVE me once the season starts...muahahaha

Last edited:
FigureSkater said:
I put together an on-ice HIIT cardio workout that I did today and totally kicked my ass. I cut a variety of fast and slow songs down to 1 minute, burned them onto a cd alternating fast/slow, and put it to forward/backward stroking each way, cross roles, power pulls and some other low MIF test stuff. It was killer--I don't think I've skated that hard since training for international competition in my hardcore skater days.

I put together all the fitness-related stuff for my synchro team, and they're going to LOVE me once the season starts...muahahaha

OUUU I am most envious.

I miss skating - SOB.
We used to do some speed skating for endurance - the pattern sounds very similiar and it totaly rocked.

What's the overall time?
Will you let me know how it goes over time?

I can't move anywhere without a rink nearby...I've tried quitting a few times, it just doesn't happen.

Total time was about 30 minutes-i just followed the 5 minute warmup/20 min intervals/5 minute cool down pattern. My old senior team did something simlilar too, but not for quite as long.

When I was competing in dance in high school, my partner and I were on a session during the summer with a few other novice/junior dance couples, and the coaches used to make us all do a cardio workout to the compulsory dances twice a week. They would put the music on usually starting with silvers, we'd just do 4-5 solo patterns of each dance with the music, have about a 60 second recovery, and then move on to the next dance--all the way through the golds. It took about a half hour total. Since it was more for cardio and endurance, we didn't worry about pattern after the first pattern of each dance. It was kind of fun and an amazing workout. I got some of the girls at my rink who used to do dance hooked onto that workout last season.

FigureSkater said:
Total time was about 30 minutes-i just followed the 5 minute warmup/20 min intervals/5 minute cool down pattern.

Sounds good.

We used train with a speed skater that had us do something very similiar with a variety of strokes followed by the footwork routine in a tight circle in the center of the rink.

It was a great workout.

Top Bottom