Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fight Club scripting....

nah, the reason checked the subtitle is cause it sounded funny when he said it so i wanted to see what it was supposed to be...

I would not call Brad Pitt ripped, he's just a skinny as mofo. Anyone who's thin with a small amount of muscle mass looks "ripped." Also, lighting can be very kind.

alright, gotta give you that one... true... I still wanna know where people heard pitt did gear for the movie... i've heard a shitload of people say that..

Chuck Palahniuk, the author of the book "Fight Club", lifts and has a fascination with steroids. Unfortunately he really knows jack-shit about them. In an essay he wrote for a magazine he details his experience with steroids, and it is really apparent to anyone who has used gear that this guy is an idiot (an idiot who can write interesting books though:) ).

http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/essays/massiveattack.htm

In his book Survivor the protagonist (a celebrity evangelist) completes his image transformation through steroid use. In these segments we see that Chuck thinks steroids are injected intraveniously and that a shot of EQ will cause an immediate hard-on. Whatever. The Survivor book is currently being made into a movie, so that will be more mass-media misinformation for us to deal with.

What insults me about the whole thing is that Palahnuik, after popping anadrol pills for a month, now views himself as having lived the "steroid life" or something. I sorta feel like starting a thread on his message board

http://chuckpalahniuk.community.everyone.net/commun_v3/scripts/directory.pl

to voice my oppinions on this. I am sure the guy will continue in future books to use fucked-up characters who abuse steroids.

I read the book but I didn't know that about Palahniuk. That does piss me off that he calls himself a person who has lived the steroid life. I'm not saying I haev, hell I'm still hording my shit to do my first cycle; but then again i don't profess myself to have lived any kind of life on gear and i certainly don't consider myself an expert... Cool post; thanks... Still waiting on those answers about brad pitt and his negative gains on winny :D

Guys,
I don't mean to be too deep, but please tell me you guys see the symbolism. A man with big breasts and no balls, crying in the arms of other men. I am sure chuck knows this is a leap. In the book, it is actually blamed on the hormone replacement therapy (not the steriod abuse). Again a leap, but then again you can't make napaum the way the book outlines either. This was just a way to explain the gyno, which had to be there for the symbolism to work-THE FEMINIZING OF MEN IN MODERN SOCIETY.

great flick.....i aggree thats a bad case of super gyno.....leave it to some dip shit producer! this is how AS has a bad name....surething!

Tombstonealley said:
Guys,
I don't mean to be too deep, but please tell me you guys see the symbolism. A man with big breasts and no balls, crying in the arms of other men. I am sure chuck knows this is a leap. In the book, it is actually blamed on the hormone replacement therapy (not the steriod abuse). Again a leap, but then again you can't make napaum the way the book outlines either. This was just a way to explain the gyno, which had to be there for the symbolism to work-THE FEMINIZING OF MEN IN MODERN SOCIETY.

I think you're under the misconception that people here read books.

Top Bottom