Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Few questions about flax oil.

camaro

1. Is it ok to buy one off the shelf in a store when it could have possibly sat on the shelf for months? Or does only real high temperature affect it? Or does it only affect it after opening?

2. Does it matter what time of the day I take it?

3. How much? I'm 5'10" 175 and looking to get cut.

I stick with flax oil that has a pressed date AND an expiration date. That way you know when it was made and you have less of a chance of getting a spoiled one. I've never seen flax refrigerated at the supermarket, I always go to GNC to get it (can't think of the brand name off the top of my head, though).

I think the amount depends on your total calorie intake and your macronutrient breakdown. I'm on carb restricted keto type diet, so I put 2 tbsp in my morning shake and 1 more tbsp on a spinach salad at dinner. Someone on a 30/30/40 would take less, and someone on hardcore keto would take more.

1. Is it ok to buy one off the shelf in a store when it could have possibly sat on the shelf for months?
yes, as long as the experiation date is fine
Or does only real high temperature affect it?
yes temperature can have an effect, you'll be able to smell it when you open it if it's bad
Or does it only affect it after opening?
it's affected always

2. Does it matter what time of the day I take it?
not really

3. How much? I'm 5'10" 175 and looking to get cut.
too many variables, all depends...you can start 1tbsp. 3times a day

Mr.X

you're better off getting flax seeds,this way you can grind(in a coffee grinder) the seeds as you need,plus flax oil only has 40%
of the nutrients that flax seeds have.

Top Bottom