Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

female fat/cellulite

Speaking of female fat, I just realized my tummy pooch when pressed feels different (like there are veins underneath) as opposed to the fat on my thighs/glutes which is just jiggly fat that I think is normal. I also heard the term "fibrous tissue" today. Is this what is under my abs by any chance?

At around 16-17% body fat, should I just focus on using the YES on my lower body and not wasting any on my tummy pooch at this point just yet?

Could eating completely organic produce make any difference at all, Was thinking about all the products that are around that are mainly processed and artificial- surely that doesnt help.
Coffee intake?
Stress and worry.
My cellulite is on the front of my thighs and looks worse on days when i have had a bit of junk, had a stressful day, etc

Acacia

Could it just be the fluild retention from the sugar/carbs that make it look worse on certain days

I own a tanning studio and really promote skin health. (btw, don't tan every day,and never burn!)

We have a great aftercare product called Angel. We have another really nice one called Flaunt. Some of the ingredients in these moisturizers include: Milk Thistle Extract, Jojoba Oil, White Tea Extract, Carrot Oil. CoenzymeQ-10, Silk, Walnut Oil, Olive Oil White Birch Extract ..... again that's not an all inclusive list, but it gives you a good idea.

You won't find all that in an over the counter lotion. My fiance is using the Angel right now but it's almost gone so I started using Flaunt. It has shimmer in it and I like to feel perdy, but they're both EXCELLENT for skin health and hydration. Let me know if you want any more info. on either of them.

Sassy69 said:
I got your pm -- I guess I wasn't sure where you were in your training, which you did answer further down in this thread. Something I wondered about was you said there was a specific issue w/ cellulite on former BB's - I didn't know if this was something that might occur when going from a lot of muscle mass to maybe less muscle mass & higher bodyfat post competition life.

Here's what I dug up from Medline (this had some really good, straight forward info)

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002033.htm

Definition Return to top

Cellulite is fat that is deposited in pockets just below the surface of the skin. It occurs around the hips, thighs, and buttocks. Given how close cellulite is to the surface of the skin, it creates a dimpled appearance in those areas of the body.

Information Return to top

Cellulite is not a different kind of fat, but it can be more visible than fat deeper in the body. Even thin people can have cellulite, because we all have layers of fat just below the surface of the skin. Collagen fibers that connect fat to the skin may stretch, break down, or pull tight, allowing the plump fat cells to bulge out. This creates the rippled look of cellulite.

Heredity may play a part in whether or not you have cellulite. A poor diet, "fad" dieting, sluggish metabolism, hormone fluctuations, and even dehydration may play a role. A great deal of money is spent by people who want to rid themselves of cellulite, but no amount of weight reduction, exercise, massages, wraps, creams, supplements, or surgery has proven to effectively eliminate it once you have it. Liposuction, for instance, is not recommended for cellulite, and may even make it look worse.

Although many dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons recognize cellulite as a legitimate problem that patients seek to have them "cure", most of the medical community doesn't view cellulite as a disorder, but as a normal condition of many women, and some men.

The best way to avoid cellulite may be to use common-sense measures:

Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and fiber
Stay hydrated with plenty of fluids
Exercise regularly to keep muscles toned and bones strong
Maintain a healthy weight (no yo-yo dieting)
Don't smoke

Cellulite is a term that is used to describe fat deposits under the skin that outwardly give the skin a dimpled, or orange-peel like appearance. Cellulite is most often seen in woman because the fat is arranged in large chambers separated by columns of collagen fibers. In overweight people excess fat is stuffed in these compartments causing them to bulge out. On the surface of the skin the bulging provides the dimply appearance of cellulite, especially in areas such as the hips, buttocks or thighs. Cellulite is predetermined by genetics so even thin women can develop the appearance. Factors such as hormones, pregnancy, and aging may all attribute to the weakening of the collagen fibers to give the cellulite appearance.

So -- things you have control over -- losing bodyfat & building muscle -- that's where I'd say continue to focus. You may already be doing that optimally or maybe there's room for tweaking. Certainly at the level of amateur comp you are looking at taking that part of the equation as far as you can. The collegen component I don't know -- regarding the lotions -- any of these collegen promoting products might be the answer there. I'm not so familiar with any of them tho. Anything contributing to the elasticity of your skin -vit E, etc. And the remainder may be genetic.

HEY SASSY, THANKS FOR GETTING THAT INFO FROM MEDLINE! I MYSELF HAVE POSTED A FEW THREADS REGARDING CELLULITE. OVER THE LAST YEAR I NOTICED MINE ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE-NOTICEABLY WORSE AND COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHY-BUT AFTER READING THAT ARTICLE FROM MEDLINE,I HAVE A BETTER IDEA- MY FLUIDS INTAKE. IT NEARLY TAKES AN ACT OF GOD TO GET ME TO DRINK WATER. I DONT LIKE THE TASTE OF IT-STORE BOUGHT OR NOT. I HAD 3 TRIPS TO THE HOSPITAL LAST YEAR DUE TO KIDNEY INFECTION CUZ I WOULDNT DRINK WATER SO THERE I WAS 3-4 DAYS PER TRIP WITH THEM FEEDING ME H2O THRU AN IV. NOT A PLEASANT XPERIENCE. I HAD NO IDEA THAT FLUID INTAKE PLAYED A BIG PART IN THE INCREASE OR DECREASE OF CELLULITE. YA LEARN SOMETHIN NEW EVERYDAY! :)

ScorpioGirl said:
I own a tanning studio and really promote skin health. (btw, don't tan every day,and never burn!)

We have a great aftercare product called Angel. We have another really nice one called Flaunt. Some of the ingredients in these moisturizers include: Milk Thistle Extract, Jojoba Oil, White Tea Extract, Carrot Oil. CoenzymeQ-10, Silk, Walnut Oil, Olive Oil White Birch Extract ..... again that's not an all inclusive list, but it gives you a good idea.

You won't find all that in an over the counter lotion. My fiance is using the Angel right now but it's almost gone so I started using Flaunt. It has shimmer in it and I like to feel perdy, but they're both EXCELLENT for skin health and hydration. Let me know if you want any more info. on either of them.

SC- I would like some more info please :)

Right now I mix it up between Kisses & Forever by AG. Have you ever heard of these? I'm wondering what would be better...

I like the sounds of Flaunt....is it a nice shimmer or glitter? lol.....

Top Bottom