Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Favorite caliber(s)...

Well i have a .22, 30-06, and a 12 guage personally. I wouldn't mind having a .338 for bigger game instead of the 30-06 wich i think drops too much over 200 yards to be effective at long range.

My dad has a 267 mag thats a great gun. Awesome barrel velocity when he ups the grains.

My favorite is not a caliber, its a length, of arrow that is, with some nice laser sharpened broadheads. with an 80 lb draw on my compound bow :D

For big game i always used my 7mm mag. That was until last year when I bought a .308 cal Lazzaroni warbird. Talk about long range and knock down power. It has a muzzle velosity of over 4000fps. Only draw back is that you can only use a .308cal lazzaroni warbird round which costs about $110 per box of twenty. The rounds look awesome though, the casing is about the diameter of a quarter. Other than that, for wild boar, I love using my AK-47. Cheap ammo and a blast to fire with a 30 round banana clip in it. I also have a 22-250 remington with a stainless bull barrell and custom stock fitter with a zeiss, of course. The coyotes never know what hit them. The lazzaroni is also fitted with zeiss optics. If anybody is interested in a lazzaroni, I would suggest the model made on the sako frame. It goes for about $1300, where as the custom Lazz goes for about $5000.

I think .308 is my favorite rifle caliber. There is an awesome amount of flexibilty and load/bullet variations possible that there isn't much you can't do with it.

And my ruger 10/22 with a 4x simmons and 30 rd mags make short work of them bastard ground squirrels that rob my landlord's fruit trees. lol. They don't see you when you are on the roof of a shed in a ghile suit :) well j/k about the ghile suit thing... sort of

Forgive me but I am from south Arkansas and have grown up with guns. I have had them all my life and unless some left wing liberal bleeding heart tree hugger makes it illegal to purchase ,I will continue to buy 1 or 2 a year.

I deer hunt almost 3 months out of the year. 2 months with a bow and 1 month with modern gun. I have used a Browning 300 Win Mag with a 130 grain bullet. I have never had a deer get away and killed the biggest deer I have ever taken with this gun. (150 Boone and Crocket). I also have a Savage 270, a Remmington 30-06, a Remmington 7mm mag, and a Remmington 243. This year was the first year I used the 243 and only did so because of how light and easy it is to climb a tree while slung over your shoulder. Big mistake. I shot a 11-point at 43 steps and watched him turn around and run off. This was at 4 pm and at dark I still had not found him. Only a patch of hair and one small piece of meat. At 8 pm, we found the deer 200 yards away but he did not drip one single drop of blood. It was all on the inside. The bullet went in, struck a rib, and came back out on the same side about 2 inches down from the entrance hole.

As for shotguns, I have a Winchester 12 gauge over and under I shoot skeet with, and Remmington 1100 for I don't know what and my favorite, a Remmington 870 all purpose. This gun kicks butt. I mostly duck hunt with it. You can drop this gun in the mud and pick it up and shoot it, and for the price, it can't be beat.

Now handguns are my toys. I have too many to list but I just bought a Freedom Arms 454 Casull and I must say, WOW. This gun rocks. I was sold when I watched the video from the company that showed a man laying on his side shooting iron silhouettes at 300 yards. I haven't built up the courage to lay on my side and squeeze the trigger because she really slaps when you squeeze one off. It is not a gun you will take out and shoot a box of ammo through.

My next purchase, hopefully next month, will be a Marlin African guide rifle, the 450. I shot my neighbors and even though not practical for south Arkansas, I gotta have one.

I will try and post some pics of the deer heads soon. I just found this forum and I am excited that its here. Deer season is just over 2 months away and I am already getting excited . I am going to North Missouri the first week in November on a bow hunt and I can't wait!!!

Peace,
OU812IC

This deer is one I shot at the beginning of bow season last year. He is a 9 point with a 17 1/2" spread. Not much mass though. It was the first deer of the season and I was itching to shoot something. :)

Peace
OU

Well, does not look like I will be sharing the pic tonight. Sorry

Last edited:
Top Bottom