Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Favorite caliber(s)...

manny78

Plat Hero
Platinum
For small game, medium and big game. What's yours ? Basically I've always believed that everything could be taken down with either .22LR, .223 or .308. You just need the proper load. Only and if only I was hunting these massive african games, would I consider something more exotic like a 375 H&H or .338 Lapua.

You already listed my favorites. .22 is very accurate and my fave for small game. .223 for deer, and I like bird & jack rabbit hunting with either 12g or 20g.

small- .22 or 20gauge
medium - .223 or 12gauge
large- I never hunted for anything bigger than a deer (.223 or .308)

I have used a .22, .270 and a 12 guage. I took down a huge elk with my .270

I fired a .375 H&H, that thing kills on one end and cripples on the other...

strongsmartsexy said:
I fired a .375 H&H, that thing kills on one end and cripples on the other...

Reminds me of a guy who used to go hunt with his PGW .50BMG. Poor dumbass was then wondering why this particular brand of ammo (Hornady A-Max) was was making such a big hole and screwing up all this meat....

manny78 said:
Reminds me of a guy who used to go hunt with his PGW .50BMG. Poor dumbass was then wondering why this particular brand of ammo (Hornady A-Max) was was making such a big hole and screwing up all this meat....

See, if he'd have just shot it dead on or directly from the backside, he wouldn't have hardly had to field dress it. ;)

manny78 said:
I have to try .50BMG one day for hunting. On gopher I think would be cool...
Haha.

Rifles....
For small game;
1.77 pellet (Don't knock it. Gotta see my freezer LOL)
22LR

medium;
22LR again
12 gauge buck

big game;
12 gauge slug Deer Slayer Bitch! :p

308 for deer. Plus I'll carry a 7mm mag for the longer shots.
I've been using a 50 cal muzzle loader for elk for the last few years. Fun to shoot. But they are a bitch to keep clean.

410 for grouse. 12 gauge for ducks.

Top Bottom