Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat loss - Round 2

UPDATE:

Yeah, I know that looks wrong. But if you saw my post earlier today, you'll understand where it is. A mix of water, food, and everything else just sitting in my stomach, intestines, and under my skin.

Yesterday ended up being really bad. Something that seemed like a simple good idea went horribly, horribly wrong. I figured why not just eat some Pho (vietnamese noodles) with some friends. Well, I ended up having 3 bowls. When I got home, I just couldn't stop eating. Had snickers, ice cream, no fat pudding. All that stuff.

Then when I got to work, I cleaned out my fridge here. 6 cans of pudding, 3 packets of instant oatmeal, and then about 6 bagels! With a whole bunch of water of course to wash it all down.

I don't think I've ever felt as rough as I do now. I'm extremely disappointed in myself, and I've got to change something up. I think my new diet was taking it too extreme. I have to remember that while it's important what you eat, it's more important how long you can stand eating it without losing your mind. I've noticed it's a little harder now that I'm leaner. Like my body is craving more or something. I know it's the holidays and all, but that's no excuse for me. If I want to cheat, I should plan it, not just lose my mind.

Anyway, I'm going back to eating steak. I can't handle the tuna. Too light. I'm going to eat steak, protein, and probably munch on celery all day long. I'd like to add some fruit, but that's carbs and calories that I need to save losing fat. I have till next summer to look like what I want, and I can't waste any time. Sometimes I think I look good, but other times I still look terrible. I wish I had a better self image, but that's life and I don't.

I've also been debating about dropping the cardio. I might drop it for a week, I get plenty through sports anyway. I can't stand cardio in a gym, it drives me crazy. So I think I might do away with it and just pull abs and weights. We'll see though. I might not stick to that, and do the cardio anyway. I just can't stand it.

Just wanted to give you guys warning, STAY ON TRACK. I fell hard, and now I've got to get back up.

Hey don't stick to only a few foods, it'll drive you crazy.

Shoot for a complete approach that you can maintain indefinitely, but vary the calories and manipulate the macronutrient ratios a bit depending on your goals (fatloss\muscle gain).

There are SOOO many different foods out there that will accomplish the same things....steak, ground beef, tuna, salmon, any fish!, chicken, turkey for protein

long grain rice, oatmeal, veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams for carbs

olive oil, EFAs, natural peanut butter...fats

You know all these...there are tons more...

It's possible to be eat to be lean all year round...and it shouldn't take a will off steel

Also, I would suggest dropping the 400 situps you do...that many won't do more good...and it'll only get boring quick. Do 15reps x 3sets on a weighted pull-down instead.

Hey it's the road there that's the most fulfilling (I keep telling myself that :)

peace

Soex: don't sweat it bro... there's no way all that weight you gained is all fat... that's just impossible for one day of binging. So maybe you gained a couple lbs... big deal... I think your body needed a refeed the way you've been going at it hardcore for so long now. Hell if I take 2 steps forward and 1 back I'm happy... you you've been taking like 10 forward and 1 back!!! so I think you're still right on track. Don't stop till you're shredded. later

UPDATE:

Well, I'm back on track. I had my company christmas party where I ate decent, but not too much on monday, then on tuesday had a sandwich and some breads in the morning due to our meeting at the hotel. So I'm now just getting rid of all that, but I don't feel guilty about it because I kept it reasonable.

I've moved on to a less strict diet, I realized I was kinda getting a little annorexic. I wouldn't eat since I liked the way my stomach felt when it was empty. My diet is now a chicket breast with a half cup of uncooked rice (obviously cook, I just measure uncooked). I do that 3 times daily and then at night I eat a meal of Edimame.

The protein is high, the carbs are at about 120, and the fats are low. So I think it's a pretty good balance. The calories should be deficited still, and I'm working out still.

I decided to do this so I don't get any smaller. I saw some pictures of myself, and I was burning myself to the bone. I think at this point I just need more nutrients and can shed the fat without the muscle. Before I just didn't care.

Oh, one last thing, when I get really hungry, I just eat some fruit or celery to tide the cravings. The good thing about this diet is I never feel like I need to cheat. And that means I can stay on it long term.

172.5 now!? Shit, and I thought I was gaining (losing?) on you... I'm down to 182.5 myself :). I feel like such a badass...

next time I weigh myself I'd better be 170-something...

just a matter of time now... I see a 6-pack in my future...

What's up guys? I was unable to start my cutting diet as scheduled due to work/travel constraints, however, starting on 12/17/02 I will be all business. I decided to alter the diet. The diet I will follow will consist of 4-5 meals of .5-.75lbs of red meat. The red meat will be either filet mignon or rib eye. With each meal I will take 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. I will follow this meal plan without deviation for 4-5 weeks. I will than take a 1 week break allowing for recovery. During this 1 week break I will only perform cardiovascular exercise along wtih timed carb refeeds. I will than return to the cutting diet for another 4-5 weeks. My exercise routine will be as previously mentioned, however, I will not eat between my evening and morning cardio workouts. The morning cardio will be performed on an empty stomach. Also, beginning the week of 12/23 I will be adding skiing to my routine. I will ski 2-3 days every week throughout winter and into spring. I usually ski for 7-8 hours per session, so this should burn up a considerable amount of calories.

As of 12/16: bodyweight=205lbs bodyfat=12%
Goal: 190lbs at 5% bodyfat

Also, for anyone who wants to eat steak 4-5 X per day, consider investing in a GE Advantium. I have one at my residence as well as my office. The Advantium is a state of the art microwave/oven. It allows you to cook steak as well as many other types of food. I am able to cook steak with minimal hassle and time. Also the taste is awesome. Good luck guys and I will give updates every few days or so. Also, I forgot to mention, H20 consumption will be at 2-3 gallons per day, with 3 being optimal.

UPDATE: 169.8

Still going down, liking this diet a lot better. I've taken out the cardio, added some weighted abs, and am just working out a lot more intensely, but not as often. I'm only going 1 time per day rather than 2. It was starting to wear me down a little always going to the gym.

Things are progressing, and I'll keep working. Hope everything is going well with you cuts and 7figureman.

Shit SOEX... I'm trying to catch up with you but you just keep DROPPING the lbs! I'm down to 181.5 as of yesterday... lost a lb in 3 days... looking much leaner AND, parodoxically, more muscular... pants fitting much better...

7figureman: your diet sounds hardcore... if you can stick to it, I'm sure you'll shed the blubber fast

I've decided that I'm gonna enter the 2003 BFL Challenge starting on January 6th. I've done it before but never finished the entire 12 weeks. This time everyone that finishes and turns in their entry packet gets $250 worth of EAS supplements free! Good enough incentive for me :)...

UPDATE:

Well, thankfully christmas is over. I didn't do too badly, but I did over eat for about 3 days. Now it's back to the diet and the workouts. I'm figuring I put on some water, and maybe a couple of pounds. I'm still dropping fairly quickly, so I think it's water at the moment. I'm hoping to be back where I was by New Years, and I think I probably will be.

Still doing chicken and rice, and edimame. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. My mental state stays normal, I don't get killer cravings like I used to, and I am much stronger and fuller at the gym. Everyone that I've talked to recently is so suprised at how I'm dropping fat and getting leaner. I think I have a warped body image because I keep wanting to get leaner. I'm going to get a hydrostatic body fat test coming up next month, so I'll let you guys know the results.

BTW, I'm fitting into 30" waist jeans now. :) I used to be a 37" waist.

SOEX delivers the goods as usual ;)... good job bro.

Me I'm down 4 lbs in the past 5 days from 182 to 178! Christmas can't stop me baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Now New Year's may be a challenge...

Top Bottom