Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fat burners and keto

GLECON

Ok i am starting a ketogenic diet this Monday.I am training monday,tuesday,wednesday and the depletion workout on friday.Then the carb up from friday noon to saturday evening.

I will be using 3 tabs of glucophage and 600mg ALA until i get in ketosis.I won't be using any steroids.My goal is to lose that last 10lbs so i will get at about 8%.Currently at 12%.

i have adipo,lipokinetix,guggubolic and T3.What would be an effective combo of these to get me where i want?

(Cardio 4-5 times at 30-35 minutes at the am)

Also should i use glucophage at the carb-up too? note that i will be using 25gr creatine and 25gr glutamine on friday and saturday.Maybe they could make a good combo with 1.2gr Of ALA these two days.

Also do you recommend a piece of fruit before the depletion workout to get me out of ketosis?

Thanks

you don't need the fruit the morning of your carb up day, it's optional. If you stick to the lifting schedule and duchaine's diet, you won't need any supplements for weight loss-simply the keto diet will make you lose weight. If you want to build muscle, skip some of the cardio

You know, I would not recommend the glucophage pills to lower blood sugar levels because it's hard to control. Way harder then straight insulin...can you get plain Humilin-R? That would do wonders for you on CKD.

If you're training Mon,Tue,Wed, then you are missing Thur....You need to be working out mon,tue,wed and do cardio on Thur. and Fri. morning. (not considering the depletion workout on fri night, which, by the way, you can move to sat. early morning)
Keep in mind, that doing too much cardio can burn muscle, but, again, you can do cardio 5 times a week in AM and get great results or you can follow the program I've listed beforehand. In my view, it all depends on the person.

As far as "supplements", throw the guggubolics in the trash can because I don't believe it to be effective, I have not seen any studies that proved it to be even nearly as effective as the companies claim.
Now, you can combine T3 with Adipo but not Lipo...you should CYCLE up and down the T3 dose (if you just stop using it all together, then the consequences can be VERY bad on your thyroid)

Mr.X :cool:

I have already decided to use glucophage as i can't get straight insulin at the time.Maybe i will start at 1700mg and go to 2550mg most.

As far as the fat burning issue,should i use the T3 anyway? i was thinking of 25/50/50/25 for 4 weeks.Also the adipo at 6pills per day all the way.No steroids available,am i at risk of losing too much muscle?

Also weight training will finally be monday,tuesday and friday.Cardio will be wednesday,thursday,Sunday and maybe a light one on monday

Yes, with T3 and Ketosis combo, the chance for muscle loss is a 100%...great recipe for muscle catabolism...sorry to say, but the highest does of T3 I would take in Ketosis is 12.5mcg if even that.

Mr.X said:
Yes, with T3 and Ketosis combo, the chance for muscle loss is a 100%...great recipe for muscle catabolism...sorry to say, but the highest does of T3 I would take in Ketosis is 12.5mcg if even that.

Can you explain why a Keto diet and T3 are a bad combo as apposed to a more traditional diet and T3?

Thanks

Sirwanksalot

I am not going to go into detail, I'll give you a brief run down:

In Ketosis you are technically already in a catabolic state where muscle CAN be burned for energy at times. We all know the great amounts of muscle-loss that can happen on a prolonged version of a Atkins without a carb-up. By the way, the carb-up refill muscle glycogen. Now, studies have show that T3 levels are low while in Ketosis, I believe that this happens so muscle-loss does not occur. (MS, also had the same conclusion in another post I believe).

Let's put the Ketosis topic aside for a second and go on to look at T3. First, T3 is a great fat-burner but it also burns a great deal of muscle mass. Now, I'll give you an example: have you ever seen those young skinny kids with no fat and no muscle and you automatically say their metabolism it too-high, well this is an example of high T3 levels. So, when you administer T3 you basically get the same results as the little kid with a high-metabolism (if T3 is used without anabolics); basically you burn fat and muscle at the same time.

We have seen how T3 works in a simple way, now, when you combine T3 with Ketosis, where a Ketonic diet surely runs a great risk for muscle loss, with a catabolic agent like T3, then, in turn, you get a recipe for muscle loss.

I have used T3 with CKD before, my friend, and trust me, it was not a great site to look at. I got down to 3%bf, but my muscle loss was around 10lb, which is TOO MUCH and it usually takes about 1 year to gain that much muscle. But, again, I lost around 30lb of fat, yet I can't really say that this loss was worth it. It would all depend on the person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom