Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Facing Multiple Injuries... Experience Needed

PickMe69

Currently I have a pulled anterior deltoid from incline benching almost a month ago that is still lagging, a recently pulled lower back muscle due to a slight error on a squat a week ago, and a sprained ankle from acting stupidly last night...

Here are my questions: What do I do to stay in shape but recover? (minimal muscle loss), and what all do I need to do to recover from this?

Thank you!

*Also, I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I stretch a TON, warm ups are built into my workout, progressively increasing 20 pounds each left until I hit my final weight, and I've always prided myself on having good form (I watch videos and read articles about correct form frequently)*

don't stretch before you work out .. stretch after.

if you still have a hurt muscle after 2 months you need to lay off and let it heal. muscle and bone will heal but you have to give them a chance.

incorporate the chiropractor, massage therapy, and acupuncture. i get all 3 done here and there. it keeps me healthy. you might just need someone to go in there and do a deep massage in that spot to get the blood flowing through and speed up healing.

I've had lots of nagging, long lasting injuries of this type. Stretching definitely is the great healer, along with the ice tank. On the lifting side of things, if you can't lift it at least 20 times, don't even put your hands or feet on it. Eliminate any part of your range of motion that causes pain. If sets of 20 with a limited range of motion cause sudden sharp pain, then you need to seek more help.

I agree 100% with the part about eliminating any range of motion that causes pain. Also one thing that my good bro RADAR taught me about injuries of this kind is try to do 100 reps on the muscle for a week...3 days. Many times this has worked unbelievably well for me. Like to the point of fixing it almost overnight. Also works very well for tendonitus. Good luck bro and let us know how you do.

Stevesmi - I believe that would definately work, problem is, I'm a college student... I can barely afford my whey protein, much less going to chiropractor and massage appointments (I may start asking girls for massages rather than hook up haha)

J-Nic/Zedhead - I'll give that a shot, thanks!

I'm getting really frustrated though. My favorite workout is deads, and I'm a believer in squats and bench, but yet I can't do any of these workouts right now...

high reps (100+) for the blood flow, rehab band work, etc.

Eating specific foods to reduce inflammation and encourage healing are always helpful..

when it's rehab time, remember, your workouts are to get you healthy, so do not push it...

I remember benching 95lbs for 3 weeks, im a 365lb bencher at 205, so even though it was hell not to push the weight, rehab was more important then the ego......

high reps (100+) for the blood flow, rehab band work, etc.

Eating specific foods to reduce inflammation and encourage healing are always helpful..

when it's rehab time, remember, your workouts are to get you healthy, so do not push it...

I remember benching 95lbs for 3 weeks, im a 365lb bencher at 205, so even though it was hell not to push the weight, rehab was more important then the ego......

Just a follow up, I'm back to benching, squatting, and deadlifting again...

My deads and squats are right back where they used to be,and my bench is only about 5-10 pounds behind...

This advice was probably the most beneficial... I didn't do 100 reps, but I started with the bar, and did 20 reps, then did 65 and did 20 reps, then 85 and did 20 reps, with very slow motion, did this for a couple weeks, benching three times a week, til I got to 135 for 15 reps, then I got back on my regular workout but just at lower weight... now about 3 weeks since my original post I'm already almost back at my previous benching status.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Stevesmi - I know its not cheap, and I do put money into it for supps and food, but just the massages and chiropractor are out of my range... but I did find a couple girls that I've gotten on a "you do me, I do you" massage plan!

There you go bro! Good to hear that your back in business. Love the "you do me, I do you" Umm....does that extend beyond massage by chance? LOL:p

Top Bottom