Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Experienced BBuilders ONLY PLEASE!

imortal

Experienced brothers please offer some additional suggestions?!

In my 3rd week of a strong 10 weeker and this morning and old injury hit me again...
As i hit the squat low point my lower back went into pain and getting up was a mission. I knew the injury as its been there before 2 years ago...

What exersizes put the minimal amount of strain on lower back?
Squating is out but i am not stopping the cyle i will train around this.
The catch is that i am working HARD on bringing up my wheels.

Im still gonna bang every leg workout to the max but if i have to drop squats and heavy presses do you boys reckon i can still put on the leg size.

Please put some serious answers down as i can imagine a lot of you have been here before.

Appreciated

I.

If you're looking to build your wheels...it can be done without squats and heavy presses..there are many principles to try...try lighter leg presses...slower reps, strict squeeze, try single leg presses...shock principles like 10 sets of 10 or 3 sets of 100 ...obviously using lighter weight..you could try these principles anytime to break through a plateau..however, you're kind of forced into using them now because squats, heavy presses, stiff-legged D.L. are all out...

imortal said:
Experienced brothers please offer some additional suggestions?!

In my 3rd week of a strong 10 weeker and this morning and old injury hit me again...
As i hit the squat low point my lower back went into pain and getting up was a mission. I knew the injury as its been there before 2 years ago...

What exersizes put the minimal amount of strain on lower back?
Squating is out but i am not stopping the cyle i will train around this.
The catch is that i am working HARD on bringing up my wheels.

Im still gonna bang every leg workout to the max but if i have to drop squats and heavy presses do you boys reckon i can still put on the leg size.

Please put some serious answers down as i can imagine a lot of you have been here before.

Appreciated

I.

Have you tried hack squat machine? You back will be resting on a pad so it should be much better for you.

hey bro

i ruptured 2 discs in my neck a while ago and had to train around it. try to do as many exercises as you can one side at a time and if possible without holding the other weight for balance. this will put half as much weight on the spine. also try higher reps and see if they help. they mightnot because the spine is under tension for longer

if you are not gonna do squats/deads i suggest high rep extension and ham curls. i would use the 10 weeks to experiment with different high rep routines for legs and see how it pans out for you. there are some good reads on 100 rep squats and other high rep leg workouts that you might want ot check out.

i personally would stop the cycle if its a bad injury the weight you gain is not worth the risk of further injury but if you continue be safe and listen to your body

good luck

It depends on if the injury. If it is related to the spinal erectors then you should still be able to squat, but not heavy. Slow mo reps with 50-60% of max for higher reps will still do the job. I agree with the hack squat idea, you might want to check out this website. It's a new product the i saw at a trade show in Denver a couple of weeks ago. www.wergout.com
Heavy leg extensions and seated curls shouldn't mess with your low back too much. Best of luck bro.

It's really pretty simple, find what leg movements you can do and hit them like your life depends on it.

Begin a Core strengthening program. The origin of the injury was more than likely due to a small deviation and/or improper biomechanics combined with a weak core. Considering the degree of severity you described, this injury should not be overlooked and has the ability to eventually affect your daily activities if left untreated.,

Jenetic

extensions, hack squat and leg presses. I haven't squatted in years.

Yeah Dialtone.
Seems you leave the squatting to the ladies in you everchanging avatars!

Good call Genetic , i know , i am watching it very carefully to see if it warrants some thereaphy.

Its a very specific pain that happens in very specific movements and travels from the lower right of my back deep into my right ass cheek. Almost the Sciatic route.

Peace
I.

Top Bottom