Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Exotic Dancer.. leg day is hard on my schedule!

misskristy

I am an exotic dancer, so regardless of when I do leg day, I am pretty much paralized for 3-5 days. I have moved my workout schedule around so that leg day falls on the day of the week that I, A.) don't have class or B.) am able to take the 2nd day off after leg day because the second day IS THE WORST!

But, with such a physically demanding job, missing a few days from work really effects my income. As important as it is to keep my body in top notch shape (my body is my uniform!) I NEED to find something to relieve the pain from leg day!

I've tried pre/post stretching, anti-inflammatories, and ice baths(fuck that), but are their any deep dark secrets you guys can share with me?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

How frequently do you work your legs in the gym? After a layoff of a week or more Ill get sore when I get back in the gym but usually after a couple weeks I dont really get sore. Maybe a little more frequency and a little less intensity would reduce soreness for you.

Also make sure to keep electrolytes up. Most people dont get nearly enough potassium and it plays a huge role in helping get carbs into the muscle, and muscle recovery. Try and get a full 4700mg a day of potassium, I think you will find it helps a lot. Low magnesium can also help create sore stiff muscles post workout. Avoid nsaids and ice because the reduce inflammation but also reduce blood flow and you need ample blood flow and lymph flow to keep nutrients going to the muscles and damaged tissue to be removed. walking, easy biking etc on non leg days can help with circulation and ease the pain a bit.

You will get less sore in time. Ease into it for a couple weeks and your muscles will adapt. Personally, I like to swim/stretch/hot shower... makes me feel like a million bucks. A hot shower and stretching in the morning will help with soreness throughout the day, and massages if your significant other is willing.

How frequently do you work your legs in the gym? After a layoff of a week or more Ill get sore when I get back in the gym but usually after a couple weeks I dont really get sore. Maybe a little more frequency and a little less intensity would reduce soreness for you.

Also make sure to keep electrolytes up. Most people dont get nearly enough potassium and it plays a huge role in helping get carbs into the muscle, and muscle recovery. Try and get a full 4700mg a day of potassium, I think you will find it helps a lot. Low magnesium can also help create sore stiff muscles post workout. Avoid nsaids and ice because the reduce inflammation but also reduce blood flow and you need ample blood flow and lymph flow to keep nutrients going to the muscles and damaged tissue to be removed. walking, easy biking etc on non leg days can help with circulation and ease the pain a bit.

Yes this ^^
Hit them more often with slightly less intensity.
Are you getting enough calories in? You have a really active job on top of lifting, you should be able to maintain on around 2000 calories (possibly more, I don't see your stats anywhere).

I am an exotic dancer, so regardless of when I do leg day, I am pretty much paralized for 3-5 days. I have moved my workout schedule around so that leg day falls on the day of the week that I, A.) don't have class or B.) am able to take the 2nd day off after leg day because the second day IS THE WORST!

But, with such a physically demanding job, missing a few days from work really effects my income. As important as it is to keep my body in top notch shape (my body is my uniform!) I NEED to find something to relieve the pain from leg day!

I've tried pre/post stretching, anti-inflammatories, and ice baths(fuck that), but are their any deep dark secrets you guys can share with me?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If you post pics of your uniform i could be able to help you more :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EliteFitness

DO NOT take anti-inflammatories.. and only stretch after your workout, never before!

you can try every trick in the book but soreness will only go away with time.

once you build proper conditioning the soreness will become manageable. if you are working your legs too hard its plausible you will get some soreness, so not sure what to tell you.. when I used to be a runner I would be very careful about not working my legs within 3 days of my road race and the day before I would do nothing because I wanted to be fresh. you need to experiment yourself and see what works best for you!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Welcome to the site :) , you have a platinum membership - have a look around and stick with us here at EF :supercool

Only 2 posts asking for pics....you guys are slippin'

Try some bcaa's before, during, and after workout. Warm your legs up on the bike or something each day after and then stretch.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom