Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ever feel like you missed your calling?

Yeah, I wish sometimes I had stayed in school longer. I like helping people but no way would I want to be a Psych or therapist knowing I have deep rooted problems of my own that would only get pushed down or away, creating a multitude of unresolved issues in the future.
I look at you as someone with unlimited potential, I also see someone who was just on the other side of the fence(the patient) and right now you are more vulnerable and not thinking as clearly as you may think. It may seem like you are, cause it's making you happy, everything is temporary.
I thought of alot of positive things when being treated because I embraced the help and wanted to change. I know you feel the same way. I also do not feel 1/10th of the feelings or thoughts when going through my ordeal 3 or so years ago. You try and focus on positive things, think you are ok, feel great, but it's really just a short ride on cloud nine. Once the daily grind of anything starts up again, issues with SO, family,etc..you can land right back at square one because you focused too much on something that occupied your mind at the time that made you happy than actually taking a long time to work out the real issues.

I hope you find what your looking for, don't let anyone get in your way. Focus on healing, because without a healthy nef you'll have a hard time helping others.

Last edited:
btw, not having a "calling" may be the biggest, and only regret I have.

Like everyone, I do some things better than others, but I've never excelled in any one area to the extent of being driven to pursue anything specifically. My occupation has always been a "means to an end". Never could identify a passion that I could realistically make into my vocation.

I truly envy people who identify their dream early and pursue it whole heartedly. The person who says, "I've always wanted to be a teacher, or engineer, or policeman" and contently goes about their life growing in their chosen profession.

If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I still wouldn't know what direction to go in.

ditto pick, basically the same as myself. Plenty of education, but not a massive amount of passion and desire for the subject-matter. Envious of those who always knew what they wanted to do and went ahead and did it. Only pro sport would've fulfilled me I think, and that was a time-limited career anyway.

nef, they say if you love your job you never have to work a day in your life. I've always wondered if that's true or whether the thing you love doing would eventually feel like 'work'. I suspect it would be hard mentally not to take your work home in a job like that. There may also be a risk of it triggering things in your own mindstate, sometimes even reading about conditions can trigger it in themselves. At the end of the day tho, there's nothing worse than living with regrets and you can always quit if it gets too much or isn't what you thought it would be. G'luck with whatever you decide.

btw, not having a "calling" may be the biggest, and only regret I have.

Like everyone, I do some things better than others, but I've never excelled in any one area to the extent of being driven to pursue anything specifically. My occupation has always been a "means to an end". Never could identify a passion that I could realistically make into my vocation.

I truly envy people who identify their dream early and pursue it whole heartedly. The person who says, "I've always wanted to be a teacher, or engineer, or policeman" and contently goes about their life growing in their chosen profession.

If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I still wouldn't know what direction to go in.

I'd say your life calling is pursuit of teh sawsage.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I am sorry to hear you don't feel like you have a vocational passion. What field do you work in currently? For some reason, I thought you worked in government or at least a government-related job. Is that correct?

ditto pick, basically the same as myself. Plenty of education, but not a massive amount of passion and desire for the subject-matter. Envious of those who always knew what they wanted to do and went ahead and did it. Only pro sport would've fulfilled me I think, and that was a time-limited career anyway.

nef, they say if you love your job you never have to work a day in your life. I've always wondered if that's true or whether the thing you love doing would eventually feel like 'work'. I suspect it would be hard mentally not to take your work home in a job like that. There may also be a risk of it triggering things in your own mindstate, sometimes even reading about conditions can trigger it in themselves. At the end of the day tho, there's nothing worse than living with regrets and you can always quit if it gets too much or isn't what you thought it would be. G'luck with whatever you decide.

it is true that when you love your job you never have to "work"
it is also true that you eat, sleep and breathe it and let it permeate your every existence.
my identity was utterly wrapped up in my "job" and when things fell apart, I did too.
I've never really gotten that missing piece of myself back.

I am sorry to hear you don't feel like you have a vocational passion.

don't feel sorry ... MM assured me that in my next incarnate I'll find my life's passion

What field do you work in currently? For some reason, I thought you worked in government or at least a government-related job. Is that correct?

^^^
weak attempt at "e-stalking" :rolleyes:

I've already given you cawk pics and piano serenades ... you need my employer info too?

don't feel sorry ... MM assured me that in my next incarnate I'll find my life's passion

^^^

I've already given you cawk pics and piano serenades ... you need my employer info too?
:rainbow:

^^^

Naw... Name, DoB, current address and social will do!

Top Bottom