Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Equivalent single rep

Google it. They have calculaters. All the ones I've seen all end up about the same cause most use the same formula.

From My Droid!

weight lifted x reps done x 0.03333 + weighted lifted = single rep max estimate

ex.

315 x 5 x 0.0333 + 315= 367

it gets less accurate the more reps you do as different twitch fibers take over. Over 10 reps it usually becomes incaccurate completely

i use the same. close enough for my programming.

c'mon... all you guys, someone must know!

you wanna know how to calculate your 1RM?

test it in the gym.... tblock gave you a way to do it that i used for my cycle of 5/3/1, and you can also check out the calculators. Besides actually testing it out in the gym, you're not going to find a more accurate way of finding your estimated 1RM than what the above posters said.

c'mon... all you guys, someone must know!

tblock just told you.. kinda rude to not acknowledge the answer he gave you and just ask again. i put a bunch of numbers for different lifts in the formula he listed and it seems pretty close. either way everyones different, your muscle endurance might be so good that you can blast out 10 reps of 225 on the bench, but maybe not have enough power to get 300 (like the calulator says)

Load the bar...

Apologies to you guys, I didn't see the answers that had been posted.

Thanks for the help!

...and yes, I should have Googled it (doh!).

Thanks again.

Using a linear function (like multiplying by 0.03333) works well in the 3-6 rep range, but not as well outside that range. Almost all the calculators I've seen use a linear function.

The best numbers I've seen are Beachle and dos Remedios' numbers at Predicting One-rep Max. Ignore the calculator and use the table.

Or my refinement of their numbers, based on tracking my own lifts, is:

1: 100.0
2: 95.0
3: 91.2
4: 88.0
5: 85.1
6: 82.4
7: 79.9
8: 77.5
9: 75.3
10: 73.2
11: 71.3
12: 69.6
13: 68.0
14: 66.5

So if you lift 100 x 8, the 1RM = 100 / 0.775 = 129.

Or you can use the conversions to say "last week I lifted 180x12 so this week I should be able to lift 215x6". Depends on how much of a geek you are.

Top Bottom