Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Elbow/Forearm pain - Cortisone shots?

LV_Rider

I have had pain in my elbow plus the outside part of my forearm closest to my elbow. A physical therapy student said it could be lateral tendonitis or tennis elbow (?) after doing some tests on me. Anyway, I read about cortisone shots being used to cure this. So far I have taken ibuprofen, iced it, and wore this brace that pushes down on the tendon in my forearm but its not healed completely after a couple weeks.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How long did it take to heal? Did you get the shots? I have read they are very powerful for treating inflammation.

Thanks for the info!

What hurts it?

What is your training split looking like?

Biggest thing that concerns me is that you say "after a couple weeks". I hope you don't mean that a couple of weeks is chronic.

What HELPS it?

What HURTS it?

I have had NUMEROUS cortizone shots in both elbows. The shots hurt like hell but, after a couple of days the pain will subside. However, you need to keep in mind what caused the initial problem to begin with ? When you figure that out, then you can change your workouts around, as not to create further problems. I would also suggest some very lightweight forearm exercises during the regaining process. Not until the area is totaly healed. I hope this helps. Good luck.

LV_Rider said:
I have had pain in my elbow plus the outside part of my forearm closest to my elbow. A physical therapy student said it could be lateral tendonitis or tennis elbow (?) after doing some tests on me. Anyway, I read about cortisone shots being used to cure this. So far I have taken ibuprofen, iced it, and wore this brace that pushes down on the tendon in my forearm but its not healed completely after a couple weeks.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How long did it take to heal? Did you get the shots? I have read they are very powerful for treating inflammation.

Thanks for the info!

I take Glucosamine 750/chondroitin 600. Embarrassed to say where I got it, but I don't feel the joint pain anymore. I would try this, though expensive 60 caps at 19.00. Worth it though.

Walli

Top Bottom