Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ecstasy and Alpha Lipoic Acid...

AGENT SHAGWELL

I was gonna post this on supplement board, but though alot more people on here probably use ecstasy. Ala, widely reconginized for its antioxidant and insulin mimicery, I love it, now you may too:)

Alpha-lipoic acid prevents 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA)-induced neurotoxicity
by
Aguirre N, Barrionuevo M, Ramirez MJ, Del Rio J, Lasheras B
Department of Pharmacology,
School of Medicine,
University of Navarra,
Pamplona, Spain.
Neuroreport 1999 Nov 26; 10(17):3675-80

ABSTRACT
A single administration of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, 20 mg/kg, i.p.), induced significant hyperthermia in rats and reduced 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) content and [3H]paroxetine-labeled 5-HT transporter density in the frontal cortex, striatum and hippocampus by 40-60% 1 week later. MDMA treatment also increased glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) immunoreactivity in the hippocampus. Repeated administration of the metabolic antioxidant alpha-lipoic acid (100 mg/kg, i.p., b.i.d. for 2 consecutive days) 30 min prior to MDMA did not prevent the acute hyperthermia induced by the drug; however, it fully prevented the serotonergic deficits and the changes in the glial response induced by MDMA. These results further support the hypothesis that free radical formation is responsible for MDMA-induced neurotoxicity.

You telling me we now have university scientists figuring out how to safely take illegal drugs?:confused:

the study that I read in college on it when I was doing research for a project for the neuroscince dept there seemed to indicate that the problem was less due to free radicals and more to the fact that the sodium pump/channel gets flooded and burts... I'm not really sure how oil will help that.
I do see how it helps the things mentioned - but you are still bursting the tips of the neurons so the dendrites don't terminate correctly.
occasionally they will "reqire" themselves, but usually not to the spot they were before... hence the hazy feeling...

I don't know - that is just what I read. 90% of what I know is just what I read. the rest I learned from the movie ghostbusters.

On sort of tangent here, but related to free radicals, yesterday I saw a synopsis of a study done which showed that high intensity weight training cut free radical damage down to about 2-3%- about one tenth of the usual number. The only other exercise shown to do this was high intensity aerobics. Before we start taking loads of chemicals, let's do the basics first........

HeavyDutyGuy said:
On sort of tangent here, but related to free radicals, yesterday I saw a synopsis of a study done which showed that high intensity weight training cut free radical damage down to about 2-3%- about one tenth of the usual number. The only other exercise shown to do this was high intensity aerobics. Before we start taking loads of chemicals, let's do the basics first........

Could you post a link, or give a source. Cause I'd be curious to their reasoning and methods.

Physical activity as a natural antioxidant booster and its effect on a healthy life span.

Alessio HM, Blasi ER.

Department of Physical Education, Health, and Sport Studies, Miami University, USA. [email protected]

The recent Surgeon General's report (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1996) promotes regular physical activity to enhance health. A possible mechanism by which physical activity contributes to a healthy life span is via enhanced antioxidant status. The purpose of this paper is to summarize findings from human studies on life span, health, antioxidants, and the effectiveness of physical activity as a natural antioxidant booster. Epidemiological studies concur that some antioxidants are inversely related to mortality. A single bout of exercise elevates some antioxidant enzyme and coenzyme activities. Regular physical activity enhances some antioxidants; however, strenuous exercise may diminish others. Results generally show that antioxidants play a mediating role in the way in which physical activity positively affects a healthy life span.

Last edited:
Top Bottom