Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ebay shopping/bidding

EF Shanna

Plat Hero
Platinum
Anyone here use ebay?

I have never used it before. But I kinda need (really means want in my vocab) a new cell phone and I am not up for upgrade yet.

I want the Galaxy S4 Active...But at att they are like 600$ whereas they are like half price on ebay.

However, I am new to all this online bidding and buying stuff..How will I know that the phone is not stolen and the IMEI number is legit?

Any other places I should shop around at other than a store??

Anyone here use ebay?

I have never used it before. But I kinda need (really means want in my vocab) a new cell phone and I am not up for upgrade yet.

I want the Galaxy S4 Active...But at att they are like 600$ whereas they are like half price on ebay.

However, I am new to all this online bidding and buying stuff..How will I know that the phone is not stolen and the IMEI number is legit?

Any other places I should shop around at other than a store??

You should get the Nexus 5 for 350 without contract if you want an android phone. Just consider it if you haven't already. Brand new phone, legit source.

You should get the Nexus 5 for 350 without contract if you want an android phone. Just consider it if you haven't already. Brand new phone, legit source.

Yes, I love my android phones. I do have Att though, never heard of the Nexus 5......

I have bought several phones from ebay. Look for listings that specifically say clean or good IMEI. If it turns out not to be, the seller will have to refund your money.

The phone will come without a SIM card. If your phone is newer, it probably already has a micro SIM that you can just swap out. If your current phone has a full size SIM, you will have to get a micro from ATT.

I have bought several phones from ebay. Look for listings that specifically say clean or good IMEI. If it turns out not to be, the seller will have to refund your money.

The phone will come without a SIM card. If your phone is newer, it probably already has a micro SIM that you can just swap out. If your current phone has a full size SIM, you will have to get a micro from ATT.

Yeah I have the S3, so I have the smaller SIM card already.

Be careful about buying phones on eBay from out of your area. The reason is, that even if it's the same phone company, some of them have differences depending on how the local network is set up. No matter how honest the seller is, it's a risk. I suggest Craigslist in this case, even though I'm a BIG eBay fan.

Charles

Kx25^^^ is absolutely right! Craigslist is the easiest way since it's people who use your same provider/network and are local, but sometimes they can get pricey.

On Ebay look for power sellers or those that have at least 100 transactions and at least 95% positive feedback, check the feedback and look for people who have bought the same item you want to buy, while you're at it check what the negative feedback is, did they take too long to ship? do they have defective phones a lot? do they refuse to help after the sale if anything is wrong? Check out the neutrals too.

If you need the item fast check their location, sellers in China, Hong Kong, etc sell significantly cheaper but shipping can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, there's a "US only" check button that will make things easier.

As per the actual phone make sure it is the EXACT name, model and version you need and your carrier supports. Example the HTC One model has a zillion versions, HTC One V from Virgin Mobile will be a CDMA 512mb ram 1.0 processor and the HTC One S for T-Mobile will be GSM with 1024mb ram, 1.5 processor and GSM. HUGE difference so be careful.

Make sure it reads that the phone has a clean IMEI/ESN/Serial and give preference to those who have been unlocked (if your carrier allows that), try to buy from sellers who sell multiple phones as opposed to some guy selling it on his own who doesn't know dick about phones but wants cash because he upgraded...

i use ebay all the time..no problems with buying from sellers with 100% feedback.

bought a car on it earlier this year ! :)

Top Bottom