Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dumbbell Weight for BP 300

jstrick2

Hey all,
I was just curious about this. What size dumbbells does a person who bench presses 300-315 use? I know thats a decent amount of range there. I am asking because currently, I am doing mainly dumbbell work because I feel I get a better lift out of them. I am also closing in on 300 so I want to know if I am close :) So, if anyone has any idea, lemme know please lol

Jake

Do you use 300-315 for reps or max? Normally i use 275 on flat bench to work out and our db's only go to 105 because my gym sucks balls. But I can bang out the 105's no problem.

tough to say..d-bells are great for bringing up your bench..i would say as long as your increasing your dbell weight try to max on the flat bench every 3 weeks to see if youre making progress..

Unfortuneately there is almost no correlation between the two. Just because you can bench 300 doesn't mean you can do a 150 db press. The stabilization is different between the two motions. I have known people who do more on dumbells because the don't do bar presses. Sorry there isn't a direct answer other than you can do what you can do.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Unfortuneately there is almost no correlation between the two. Just because you can bench 300 doesn't mean you can do a 150 db press. The stabilization is different between the two motions. I have known people who do more on dumbells because the don't do bar presses. Sorry there isn't a direct answer other than you can do what you can do.

Cheers,
Scotsman
Agreed

Top Bottom