Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drinking egg whites....

One bout with explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting from food poisoning and you will thoroughly cook everything that could possibly put you in that state again. For those that don't know, let me give you an analogy:

Alcohol poisoning: "I think I might die..."
Food poisoning: "I wish I were dead..."

Cook the damn eggs, Rocky was just a movie (and not a very good one) and anyways, Apollo Creed kicked his ass and was a lot more buff than him. You have no way of knowing how those eggs were handled before they made their way to your local dairy/produce section.

Last edited:
One thing nobody has mentioned is that raw eggwhite contains a compound called Avidin which will bind to a b-vitamin called Biotin. In this state it cannot be absorbed through the intestines and can lead to a deficit of Biotin if you eat many raw eggwhites (>15) and simultaneously are dieting. Of course, most people usually don't eat that many raw eggwhites so it shouldn't be a problem.

What Dorian said about cooked eggwhites being easier for the body to absorb is true! The protein in uncooked eggwhites (and "raw" protein in general) has to be de-naturated for a quicker and better absorption in the intestines. If you eat "raw" protein (meat, egg, fish, chicken a.s.o.) your stomach has to do the de-naturating of the protein molecule itself and this may take so long time that it has passed the point in the intestines of being able to be absorbed by the body. The process of cooking, frying, microwaving a.s.o. takes care of this de-naturating of the protein and hence the protein is ready to be broken down to amino acids and di-, and tripeptides for absorption.

Crom

egg white (from an 80 g egg) = roughly 11g protein...but I would not drink it raw - boil 6 of them at a time and eat during the day...I use soy milk to mix with my protein shakes...:)

I agree with CCrom 100%. Raw egg whites are a destroyer of Biotin. Alcohol and Caffeine are other biotin destroyers. Biotin is an integral vitamin in the metabolism of carbohydrates, Amino Acids and fatty acids. Deficiency is a very bad thing. Biotin deficiency is common as our daily diet usually do not supply enough biotin. Biotin is found in egg yolks, organ meats, brewer's yeast, legumes & beans, nuts, oatmeal.
Biotin Deficiency signs: Muscle pain, poor fat metabolism, poor appetite, greyish skin color, depression. Dermatitis.

Universal said:
At a Dorian Yates seminar I went to in Wigan UK, Dorian said that he never eats raw eggs as the muan body cannot digest them properly unless they are cooked.
I know that in the past I tried raw eggs and they did give me the shits!:rolleyes:

That is absolutely correct. Was that seminar at maximes, quite a few years ago? I was there.

OK, I am not a scientist so I may be wrong here but this is basically how I understand it. When eggs are cooked (biatin) is released in the yolk which helps aid with the digestion of the egg proteins. Without it the protein is not absorbed very well. This is the same reason that we include 2 yolks in every 6 whites.

Then there is also the increased risk of salmonella.

An egg white has 6grams of protein with a bv(bioavailability)of 89/100 while a whole egg has 8grams of ptotein with a bv of 100.(the highest in nature)Protein when exposed to high temeperatures looses it's bioavailability(metousiosis).So,drinking egg whites is better but just don't do it cause salmonella will ooccur very soon.

they are fine you can find them in carton similar to the milk ones and they have 11.5 gr of proteins per 100 ml.

They are also pasteurized so they are definitively salmonella free.

I like to have with fruit juice, I like them

Top Bottom